Montana Carcass Tag

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Doing our first DIY in Montana. Just want to double triple check.

The way I understand this I print my kill tag on an 8x11" piece of paper from home? That can't be right? I must be reading something wrong.....

In Michigan we have special tags printed by the DNR and still have issues with people re-using them. I can't be the only one whos see where this could go wrong. smh....

Legend

WKR
Yes MTFWP decided to force people to use plain white paper. I beleive the plan is to make everyone mad enough to support an e-version some day.

I print them and then laminate them to help with durability.

Last edited:

StillBald

FNG
Same, I laminated mine... just make sure to sign it first. (Okay, so I forgot to do that, but I called them and they said a Sharpie over the lamination is good enough).

For what it is worth in the recent past (a year or three ago?) they had issues with their printer or sourcing their special paper or something and it caused all sorts of issues for getting out tags in time. So, now they say "eff it, you do you... once. Then pay us $5 if you need a reprint"

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nice to pay that much for a tag, then have to print it yourself "because that special paper costs too much", right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I print mine on "waterproof/tear proof" off Amazon on a laser printer. Held up well to an accidental washing. Although the inked signature washed off, just resigned and rolled with it.