Montana Moose 240

Congratulations! That was a great story and great ending to your journey! In my mind, you are the epitome of how a hunt of this caliber should be done! Your write up had me immersed in your hunt and I felt your emotion as you went running back to the trail head to make the "I did it" calls. Very well done and an inspiration to those of us dreaming of such an adventure! Thank you for sharing!

MTChemist

FNG
Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us. I am just now finding myself in essentially the same situation you were in last year. This year I decided to start building my preference point for moose, but instead I drew the same tag you did the first time I put in. I too have never hunted moose. My brother in-law, from Oregon, is an avid moose hunter and will be a helpful resource, however he has never hunted moose in Montana. If anyone is willing to share any wisdom, suggestions, etc it would be greatly appreciated. I've started reading on various forums looking for book suggestions and I've already started pouring over my maps. Ive hunted HD240 before, so I already have a collection of maps. Thanks in advance.

MT Dawg

FNG
I just read your story and I also just pulled 240 tag for Moose. Would you be willing to share location? I live in Darby and am new to the Bitterroot. Definitely new to Moose. I was in Helena for 5 yrs and would see Moose there but I just don't know this area.