Montbell

smoothie25

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all! I'm debating on what size Montbell coat to order. I'm 6' 170lbs 40" chest and am between a medium or large jacket depending on brand.

I contacted customer service with my measurements and they suggested a small or medium. Do these jackets run big?

I'm also not 100% sure which jacket I'm going with yet. Permafrost light or either of the alpines are in the running. Any guidance on sizing or coat type is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnB

WKR
Hi all! I'm debating on what size Montbell coat to order. I'm 6' 170lbs 40" chest and am between a medium or large jacket depending on brand.

I contacted customer service with my measurements and they suggested a small or medium. Do these jackets run big?

I'm also not 100% sure which jacket I'm going with yet. Permafrost light or either of the alpines are in the running. Any guidance on sizing or coat type is greatly appreciated!

I have a 15 year old Thermawrap Pro that is size large. At 6'2" 180 there is no way I'd consider going smaller. I feel like their large fits very similarly to other companies.

feanor

WKR
Yeah I’m 175 6’ 1” and a large is what I normally wear. Same with montbell.

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
I have a mirage down jacket and it’s the same size large as everything else I buy except hunting companies and their stupid sizing. I’m an XL in most Kuiu and Sitka

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I own a lot of Montbell but only purchase when I'm in Japan so sizing could be slightly different. I'm a Medium for everything but have noticed a few of my pieces (rain gear specifically comes to mind) I own in size Large. Other jackets have all been true to size for me.

I'm basically your size and wear a M. I actually have a M Mirage parka (Japanese version) I was thinking of selling, pm me if you're interested. Also montbell stuff rules!

OP
smoothie25

smoothie25

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to follow up on my purchase. I bought a US large from the jap store and it fits me about perfect. A medium definitely would've been too small. My order shipped on the 8th and just came in today so shipping time was fairly quick IMO.

Just wanted to follow up on my purchase. I bought a US large from the jap store and it fits me about perfect. A medium definitely would've been too small. My order shipped on the 8th and just came in today so shipping time was fairly quick IMO.

what did you get ive been intrigued by the japanese mont bell options

RCL

WKR
I am 6' and 155# and medium in Montbell fit well for me.
Really like their stuff.