More on WY winter 2023

wytx

WKR
SE Wyo. has had mostly wind and cold. At least east of Laramie. Had snow in Jan., but mostly melted now.
SE Wyoming get hammered too?

Laramie area has been ok, doing actually pretty good up through Sybille Canyon area.
More North is not as good.
We've been windblown clear for a while now.
Snowies have tons of snow and Laramie Peak as well. Vedauwoo has drifts but not snow covered.

BigDog00

WKR
Major storm underway in just about all parts of WY. For Casper, we are forecasted to get ~15-20". Overnight lows are going to dip back into single digits so it will be getting cold again as well. I hate to say it, but this may be the final blow for animals barely holding on.

Correction….totals upgraded to 24-30”. We have gotten a stupid amount of snow today and they are also calling for 50-65mph gusts. Im now worried I may be on the chopping block for the winter kill.

Anybody got any of that global warming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is crazy. National Weather Service

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions. Total snow accumulation of 20 to 30
inches by Tuesday afternoon. Winds gusting 45 to 55 mph, with
gusts up to 65 mph in the mountains.

* WHERE...Green Mountains and Rattlesnake Range.

* WHEN...Until 6 PM MDT Tuesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
Widespread blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility.
Expires in 19 hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
Casper broke a an all-time record for daily snowfall yesterday....26.7". It continued all night and is still dumping now. I'm guessing we will be well over 3ft once it's all said and done.

Here is the Snow Water Equivalent map updated for today. Crazy syuff

Attachments

• wyosnow2023.jpg
    wyosnow2023.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 122

wytx

WKR
Wow, again not much for us at up the road a few miles nothing.
Really feeling it for you guys near Casper and elsewhere.
This is the big one for April I hope.

No real chain law here for truckers BR, not sure I've every seen one chained up in Wyoming.

Stay safe all.

Wow, again not much for us at up the road a few miles nothing.
Really feeling it for you guys near Casper and elsewhere.
This is the big one for April I hope.

No real chain law here for truckers BR, not sure I've every seen one chained up in Wyoming.

Stay safe all.
Law or not when its ice with snow common sense would say that chains would keep you from being sideways guard rail to guard rail

Laramie

WKR
Law or not when its ice with snow common sense would say that chains would keep you from being sideways guard rail to guard rail
Plenty of truck drivers out there capable of keeping it between the lines. The problem is the lack of training before they throw some of these rookies out on the road. I'm not sure chains can fix that but I agree, it wouldn't hurt.

Gobbler36

WKR
So question is where is this going to put tag availability for deer and antelope

what thing are WY fish and game talking about

I’m assuming it’s still a little too early to see what the final tally is

Laramie

WKR
So question is where is this going to put tag availability for deer and antelope

what thing are WY fish and game talking about

I’m assuming it’s still a little too early to see what the final tally is
There will be massive license reductions and possibly shorter seasons in some areas. It will be several weeks before they meet to set final seasons and quotas.

cnelk

WKR
With the average lifespan of animals, none have seen or experienced a winter like this one

bdan68

WKR
There will be massive license reductions and possibly shorter seasons in some areas. It will be several weeks before they meet to set final seasons and quotas.
Won't it happen at the Commission meeting scheduled for April 17-18? That's only 2 weeks.

Gobbler36

WKR
Great I might be sitting on 15 antelope points before I get a good tag
bummer for sure all the way around