More tent talk

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
I've decided to get my first floor less shelter. My needs are 2 man/solo for backpack hunting that I can add a small stove for later in the season. I would like to be able to use trekking poles to save weight because I use them for in and out when my pack is heavy but don't carry them while hunting. I think I'm between the s.o. Cimarron and the bpwd luna 5. I like the idea of a screen door on the luna for early season scouting trips. I know the Cimarron isn't even out yet but seems like s.o. has a good track record on here. Not really looking for a tarp and am tired of crawling into tents so that's another reason I think I'm between these two. Looking for input from those with more experience than myself, thanks

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
I will be pulling the trigger on the Cimarron this week. I have been on the fence for a floorless shelter for a very long time now and was all set to by the LBO from seek outside until they released the cimarron. Its everything I want at a price that is reasonable. To combat any early season creepy crawlies I purchased a Borah gear bug bivy.

OP
Hungarydog

Hungarydog

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I'm sort of anti bug and was thinking about getting a bpwd minimalist 1 to go with the Cimarron, that's also why the luna 5 with optional perimeter netting and door seems like a good possibility

Rucker61

WKR
Yeah I'm sort of anti bug and was thinking about getting a bpwd minimalist 1 to go with the Cimarron, that's also why the luna 5 with optional perimeter netting and door seems like a good possibility

I've got the Luna 5 set up. I added the door netting after an early season rainstorm chased me inside while the sun was shining. It got hot, but the bugs were looking for shelter too, so I couldn't leave the door open.

Lil-Rokslider
Hungarydog,

I am in the same boat as you except I want room for up to 3 people for hunting. I have been doing a lot of research and looking at floorless tents myself. It sucks because about the time you think you know what you want, you find another one and it all starts over again. I think I'm going to go with the Luna 5. It will have the room I need plus I can add a stove if I choose to go that route also, for the size/weight ratio I think its a good choice. Also, this will be my first floorless tent but I'm really looking forward to trying the floorless. I just want to make sure I make a good choice so I don't regret it afterwards.

bhylton

WKR
I spoke with a guy on here who said the luna 4 was nearly a palace for 2 people + gear. The luna 5 does not weigh much more, but being able to use a little shorter center pole, and having a smaller packed size of the luna 4 might be helpful and something to concider.