Mosquito Resistant Hoodie For Warm Weather

Benjblt

WKR
Any thoughts on a Mosquito Resistant Hoodie For Warm Weather? I was hoping to use it for spring bear hunting. I'd use a thicker wind shirt or jacket but I think that would be too warm. I feel like the same characteristics that make a piece of clothing mosquito resistant also make it too warm for mild to warm weather hunting. I'd like to stay away from heavy chemicals. . .honestly, I'm probably looking for a unicorn but thought I'd try.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Check out the light weight hoody’s from Simms. I have one and it great for keeping the bugs away with the treatment they put on the fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjh

FNG
If you are looking for a chemical-free option try Shannon Outdoors clothing. I have had good luck using permethrin-treated clothing with my main concern of ticks in the spring. I just purchased a Game Hide treated lightweight hoody but have not used it in the field yet.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Shannon Outdoors Bug Tamer jacket. Get the one with the second set of heavier netting underneath. The jacket with the built in face mask it the greatest thing for mosquitoes or black flies.

I wear Simms hoodies bug stopper. Works well enough and I like the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While in Alberta, Canada hunting swamp donkeys the Sitka Core hoody with built-in facemask saved me from some massive bugs and swarms of mini helcopters. It's my go to shirt now.

MOOSEMAN2.jpg

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Something loose.... those bastards will bite through Carhart work pants through the double reinforced knee/thigh sections. The permethrin works really well, the bug nets work well, Thermocells work well (won’t scare a moose off either) and the carhart storm hoody works well (water resistant and super thick but damn is it hot). All of my research has shown that bug or mosquito resistant clothes are just a coating, you’re better off just finding a hoodie/jacket in a weight you like and using their permethrin. I personally use my thermocell for everything.

The Cabela's 'no fly zone' has treated me well. I'm not sure if they make a hoodie though. The permethrin is worn out on mine but still keeps the little bastards mostly at bay.

Something loose.... those bastards will bite through Carhart work pants through the double reinforced knee/thigh sections. The permethrin works really well, the bug nets work well, Thermocells work well (won’t scare a moose off either) and the carhart storm hoody works well (water resistant and super thick but damn is it hot). All of my research has shown that bug or mosquito resistant clothes are just a coating, you’re better off just finding a hoodie/jacket in a weight you like and using their permethrin. I personally use my thermocell for everything.

Thermacells are great unless you're moving, there's wind or both. Permethrin is on all my exterior clothes, my tents and packs.