Most Comfortable Warm Weather Shirt

Jardo

WKR
I have been trying to find a warm weather camo tshirt to go with my Kuiu Tiburons and my old Sitka Ascent pants in open county. I have been wearing an under armor ridge reaper for several years and like the feel of this shirt... it's just like the shirts I wear to the gym but in camo.

I bought a Sitka Core SS tshirt and a Kuiu Peleton 130 SS tshirt and I'm not very happy with the feel of the fabric. To me it is somewhat itchy and does not stretch very well. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes for the fabric to soften up? Will it ever feel as comfy as my under armor and other workout shirts?

I also have a Skre Alpine shirt and I actually really like this shirt. Almost as comfy as my under armor. I'm just not sure if I like the camo pattern. The camo from skre is actually purple to my eye and looks nothing like the pictures on their website. Seem like skre photo shopped the hell out of their website pictures. If you want to see the real color of skre camo, google some pictures that aren't on skre's website.

So, what's your most comfy hot weather camo t shirt?

i have tried kuiu 125 and 145 merino, under armor heat gear, kuiu tiburon top, FL aerowool and kuiu peloton 130. i have a sitka core top but havent ran it on a hunt yet. I actually like the feel of the peloton and synthetics when it gets reallly hot but they get funkier quicker than the merino. overall now i like the FL aerowool the best as its a merino blend so its thinner and dries quicker than the kuiu merino but wont stink bc it still is about 60% merino. i like to wash all my merino first in delicate cold cycle with nikwash mernio wash and hang dry before wearing as it gets rid of any "itch" that it might have

Last edited:

novcie870

WKR
Im with Bo...FL aerowool is my favorite hot weather shirt. I have the long sleeve and short sleeve. Short sleeve for hiking/high exertion and long sleeve for most hunting scenarios. Dries extremely fast and breathes really well!

marktole

WKR
I would try the Kryptek adventure shirt (I think it's called?). It's just like a button up PFG or wrangler work shirt, but in camo. I personally like button up shirts like that for warm weather. They let air flow easily and keep you cool.

warrior80

WKR
The Peloton 130 will soften up. They are awesome shirts in the field. Very comfortable and dry very quickly. I do not trust the durability of FL Aerowool. I do have a shirt and it's nice, but I've had holes develop in 3 different pairs of their boxers with very minimal use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've got some Icebreaker merino SS and LS shirts that are more comfortable than cotton T-shirts. Sure wish I had bought more of them when they were on clearance, I'd wear them every day. But all my merino is solids.....no camo for me. The camo shirts stink for some reason.

OP
Jardo

Jardo

WKR
i have tried kuiu 125 and 145 merino, under armor heat gear, kuiu tiburon top, FL aerowool and kuiu peloton 130. i have a sitka core top but havent ran it on a hunt yet. I actually like the feel of the peloton and synthetics when it gets reallly hot but they get funkier quicker than the merino. overall now i like the FL aerowool the best as its a merino blend so its thinner and dries quicker than the kuiu merino but wont stink bc it still is about 60% merino. i like to wash all my merino first in delicate cold cycle with nikwash mernio wash and hang dry before wearing as it gets rid of any "itch" that it might have

I'll give the aerowool a look. Looks like we both hunt the same hot humid weather so if it works for you, it should work for me. Got a private hunt on lanai next month and lanai in September is hot and muggy. Mahalo for the reply!

fishslap

WKR
Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but I thought I'd throw this out there for a very lightweight non wool option that I like. It's the outdoor research echo shirt (long sleeve quarter zip). It's fairly thin and I had a few threads pull under a heavy pack but it's a well made shirt other wise. They make it in coyote brown. Sierra trading post has it up for half off.

I'll give the aerowool a look. Looks like we both hunt the same hot humid weather so if it works for you, it should work for me. Got a private hunt on lanai next month and lanai in September is hot and muggy. Mahalo for the reply!

heres some lanai bucks to get you pumped. wish i had more time to hunt this summer

SUNP0676.jpg

SUNP2023.jpg

SUNP0306.jpg