Most efficient hunting Suppressor?

Been reading on Pew Science https://pewscience.com/rankings

These Enticer L get some of the best reviews for sound reduction on 308. https://diligentdefense.com/enticer-l-ti-1/?showHidden=true

However the first round shot pop is not stellar and in hunting situations that’s one of the most important factors.

I currently have a silencerco harvester 300 and it’s been awesome on my 6.5cm. However when I shot it on a 26” barrel 7mm mag it still has some ear ringing. A 270 win on a 22” had some slight ear ringing after a few shots.

So I’m looking for a more efficient suppressor that isn’t too heavy but suppresses much better than my harvester so I can shoot larger calibers with out needing ear pro all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl!

WKR
I’m a Thunder Beast fan. If you can tolerate the length and weight, a Thunder Beast Magnus would be a good fit. For magnums, I think it’s about as good as it gets if not going bigger. I know a guy who fired 3 shots of 300 WM in succession while hunting this year and reported no ringing or discomfort. I just ordered one.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You need more volume in the suppressor to slow down the larger volume of gas from the long action and magnums. Barrel length doesn’t matter by inches when the volume of expanding gas is proportional to the increased amount of powder the cases burn. Picture the few extra grains of powder expanding dozens/hundreds of times their size in gas. The suppressor volume of your current set up is sized to your 6.5 to your satisfaction. A new suppressor has to increase.

There is no way around buying a larger suppressor in your situation to make the bigger cartridges sound like a 6.5.

If someone tells you something different or “my suppressor is awesome on my magnum” it is largely subjective, unless they actually have more volume than the can you have now.

LTI, AB raptor 8 or 10 stack, silencerco scythe all sound great on my 300 prc. First round pop is best on the raptors in my opinion

MThuntr

WKR
A lot of rifles are in excess of +160 decibels. Good suppressors are somewhere around 30-35 decibel (the above Magnus is higher) reduction which means that they are still at dangerous volume on your rifle.

The smaller volume can worked on your lighter 6.5 because it was a relatively small can but when you put them on big guns they remained pretty loud. Big has its disadvantages though I'm starting to think a big can with a short barrel is where the balance is for me.

I say plan on hearing protection for bigger rifles and keep your hearing. God knows I wish I would have been better about that. I have lost most of my high frequency hearing and have tinnitus from running saws and shooting guns.

The PewScience test has been eclipsed by an actual summit of suppressor companies getting together and testing their stuff. Most of the big ones took part. I'd get a TBAC Magnus with no second thoughts if I were you but it depends on your situation and what you're willing to accept in weight/length.

Looks like the Nomad was right behind the TBAC at a significantly lower cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like the Nomad was right behind the TBAC at a significantly lower cost.

Given the question marks around Dead Air recently I wouldn't get anything made by them but the Otter Creek Labs one is right there with the Magnus for suppression, at a fairly lower price point. The reason I'd go with the Magnus is mainly because I like their mounting system better and the owner of OCL said on SH something along the lines of "If you have the money get a Magnus but we're mainly trying to compete at the YHM/Rex price point".

Given the question marks around Dead Air recently I wouldn't get anything made by them but the Otter Creek Labs one is right there with the Magnus for suppression, at a fairly lower price point. The reason I'd go with the Magnus is mainly because I like their mounting system better and the owner of OCL said on SH something along the lines of "If you have the money get a Magnus but we're mainly trying to compete at the YHM/Rex price point".

Meh, I take the internet with a grain of salt.

I have a few Dead Air cans and have no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
T
The PewScience test has been eclipsed by an actual summit of suppressor companies getting together and testing their stuff. Most of the big ones took part. I'd get a TBAC Magnus with no second thoughts if I were you but it depends on your situation and what you're willing to accept in weight/length.

Thank you for that info! Overall the enticer L seems like one of the best suppressors for the money. Wish my harvester 300 was on that list so I could compare how much benefit I’d be getting by purchasing the enticer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Meh, I take the internet with a grain of salt.

I have a few Dead Air cans and have no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
As long as those cans don't need work you will be fine. I have 2 DA cans, with 1 in jail, but I won't buy another until they get their QC and CS fixed. People are waiting months and months for RMA work, all with little to no communication from DA.

For what it is worth, after looking at the L cans, I decided on the Otter Creek Hydrogen L. One of the top scores on both pew science and the TBAC summit, plus they are localish to me.

WKR

I would not say pewscience data was eclipsed by this. It's another data point, but the two methods of data processing are very different.

As long as those cans don't need work you will be fine. I have 2 DA cans, with 1 in jail, but I won't buy another until they get their QC and CS fixed. People are waiting months and months for RMA work, all with little to no communication from DA.

For what it is worth, after looking at the L cans, I decided on the Otter Creek Hydrogen L. One of the top scores on both pew science and the TBAC summit, plus they are localish to me.

Again it’s the internet. Everybody has something to bitch about. You don’t hear from all the people that have no issues. They just go on with life enjoying their stuff.

No way I’m buying a suppressor from some new fly by night company who may or may not be around when all the newness and hype of the day wears off of suppressors.

mtnkid85

WKR

Thanks for that link, I hadn’t seen those results yet.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks for sharing this. Love seeing objective results from things tested under the same conditions.

TxLite

WKR
Again it’s the internet. Everybody has something to bitch about. You don’t hear from all the people that have no issues. They just go on with life enjoying their stuff.

No way I’m buying a suppressor from some new fly by night company who may or may not be around when all the newness and hype of the day wears off of suppressors.

I’ve got a dead air can and it’s been fantastic. That said, you won’t catch me buying anything else from them. The way they have handled their customer service the last 6 months or so is textbook “how not to take care of customers”.

Their quality control has been suffering greatly and their customer service is non existent when people are needing repairs. There are guys who have been waiting on repairs longer than they waited for their form 4 to clear and can’t get a status update from DA.

They are not the same company they used to be.