Most expensive thing you lost while hunting

stump06

WKR
Left a pair of ozonics batteries in Kansas somewhere, prolly at the airbnb I was staying at. Also lost my predator platform on the walkout one evening. Realized it when I got to the truck and could not find it in the dark. Ended up retracing my steps the next morning and luckily found it right off my trail in the middle of a bean field.

a3dhunter

WKR
Vortex Razor 10x42's in Colorado opening weekend of archery using a new bino harness, (they have electrical tape on the right side eye cup and are registered with vortex). Was going through some thick stuff, over dead fall, and when i got to the trail looked down and they were gone. First harness I've had that didn't have a tether. Never occurred to me.
New rule, everything get a tether!
Searched a hundred yard stretch for 12 hours over the next 3 weekends, including 2 other guys searching 6 hours.

TheGDog

WKR
Yesterday on my walk out from a 18 mile day, my eye glasses had been putting a little pressure on my temples so I took them off and clipped them to my bino harness.

I got back to the truck and realized they weren't there. There is about a 0% chance of finding those glasses. $450 plus I will require a new eye exam before I can get a new pair. So a $600+ loss.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
I have a minor panic attack whenever I might happen to knock my glasses off a table or drop them or something. Have gotten pretty good at shooting my hand out to grab 'em last second. Or.. shooting my leg/foot out to help ricochet the falling glasses against it to srcub-off energy of the fall.

Ugh... and when out in the field!? Used to have this pair where the eyeport on the frames was nice and large, the lenses had some weight to 'em. But how the lab secured the underline of the frame on that lens, it didn't have good purchase on it. So if I dropped 'em out in the field? Shoot!!... the lens might pop out!!.. and they were a BEAR!!! to get back in. Especially when your vision is all blurry w/o lenses on.

That prior pair was like $700!

wytx

WKR
My oldest custom knife, left it on the river bank near La Barge I think.
Still want that knife back, made by a guy here in town.

bpurtz

WKR
Bugle tube - $20 I guess - set the tube down to rake a tree and left it there. Next day I called in a bull that my buddy shot using the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet paper. lol.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Left a beneli sbe behind at the duck slough once. Also my mathews bow on the ground one time. Got them both back luckily, ha.

sram9102

WKR
I have scattered gloves far and wide across IN, ID, KY... I take doubles of basically any gloves now.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

caught up with a buddy on the hill in Colorado last year and he had just found a brand new Leica spotter in a hard carry case. while we were bull shitting a couple guys showed and it had bounced out of their sxs they were hoping to find it on the trail somewhere. They were quite happy

Same trip I got back to camp and my buddies dad said everyone was headed up to help pack one of our buddies bull. -- I had been lower hunting mulies and for some reason I didn't get a call on the radio. Looked down and the battery pack of my rhino was still on my belt but the unit had broken free from the clip/battery pack. I ended up finding it like 4 miles away. Luckily where I had been glassing earlier that morning.

judders87

FNG
Guess I'll consider myself lucky compared to other folks... only lost a bugle tube and a pocket knife.

Norsk

FNG
I brand new quad bike,it rolled end over end disintegrating further each time it hit the ground.Each time it did so,the bounces became longer untill there was very little left.

Good thing I hired it the day before.Whoops.

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
Lost a handful of pocket knives and a leatherman while fishing.

Reading all the posts about losing a GPS...there's some irony there. Losing the thing that's supposed to keep you from getting lost.

This was about 15 years ago but I lost a Leica 800 rangefinder off of the bumper of my suburban. Super painful at the time.