Mount vs euro...

OP
J

jofes

WKR
I don't know how to score these things so I'm guessing he wouldn't score well, but I guess the main point is space. Thanks for the measurements ill measure some things tomorrow.

Attachments

• PXL_20220825_184149388.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220825_184149388.MP.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 49
I looked at the scoring or how to score them and you need a PhD I am pretty sure. I wouldnt worry about the score if it's a trophy to you that's all that counts! What ever you decide show us pictures when its done!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with a mount.

But euros are cheaper, can fit more of them, and I think fits better into almost any home.

There is a timeless natural beauty in bone - not to say the animal doesnt have that. But IMO plain bone is a better look, for a better price.

rclouse79

WKR
I think euro mounts look awesome and you can’t beat the price on a diy job.

WKR
Common species I tend to euro mount knowing that later I could easily add a cape if I want. Bighorn or caribou, I'm mounting them. Actually have a velvet bou from 1993 that has made 6 moves and covered thousands and thousands of miles in a moving truck. Still looks great and great memories with it.

OP
J

jofes

WKR
If they really stick out 4feet from the wall I'm screwed. There's no where in this casa to put it. Looks like euro vill. Thanks everyone for the responses.

WKR
You've got great pics of him. Maybe enlarge one of those and put it up by the euro. Nice caribou and congrats on him.

Very nice bull, better than most. Got the white mane coming in nicely on the bottom of his neck too. That's my favorite part on my mount

Do a shoulder mount, then use it as motivation to do a renovation with higher ceilings. ;)

Some species just have too much character for a euro mount. All elk, moose, etc...look the same except for the headgear so a euro is all ya need. But a bison, muskox, etc...have uniqueness that makes em ideal for shoulder mounts. The hard part for you is preserving the velvet. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

bisoneyecloseup.jpg

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the euro mount but that's just me. Others will tell you that the only way to properly mount a deer is a shoulder mount. To each their own.