Mountain Rifle Options - .300 Win Mag

Jon Boy

WKR
Thanks for all the responses! After thinking about what a few of you have said, I’ve decided to narrow down what I’m truly looking for in this particular rifle purchase; lightweight for backpacking, accurate, and effective for elk, mule deer, sheep, black bear, etc. out to 500 or 600 yards. Given that, I was able to get a really good deal on a Cooper 92 Backcountry in 7mm Rem Mag and pulled the trigger on it.

Sounds like you got it figured out. let us know what you put on it for glass

Congrats. The Cooper 92 was on my list. I went Cristensen Ridgeline.
There are so many great American made rifles right now. That Seekins Havok looks like another great option.

OP
B

BigJoeXD

FNG
Congrats. The Cooper 92 was on my list. I went Cristensen Ridgeline.
There are so many great American made rifles right now. That Seekins Havok looks like another great option.

Thanks, should be here in less than a month. There are so many great options out there; CA, Seekins, MRC, Kimber, Fierce, and could go on and on. I had a hard time narrowing it down. The CA was on my list but the Cooper checked all my boxes and felt like it fit me better.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks, should be here in less than a month. There are so many great options out there; CA, Seekins, MRC, Kimber, Fierce, and could go on and on. I had a hard time narrowing it down. The CA was on my list but the Cooper checked all my boxes and felt like it fit me better.
How has it been?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Got a chance to pick up a bunch recently except for the havak. The one I really wanted to compare but was sold out. For lightweight magnum this was my opinion... (btw I own the Cooper 92). Cooper has the best action feel and trigger from the factory. Mine is a jewel though and guys say it will fail. Mine hasn’t yet and it’s the best trigger I’ve felt. Fierce had the best lw stock feel and the magazine system is better than coopers. I’m talking engagement not length( don’t know what the length of the fierce is) Cooper has a generous one. I’ve never been all that impressed with the Christiansen but have to say I like the feel of the Mesa over the ridgeline and classic. Maybe it’s just me but it seemed to balance better. The action has always felt clumsy to me though. If I were to pick again it would be Cooper or fierce. If I had a $1500 budget, I’d get a Mesa or a modified tikka. $2k... the Barrett and havak come into play and I have no experience with those. Specs go to the havak though for everything but weight. Hope this helps.
Which Barrett?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk