MR Beartooth 80

Rialh

FNG
Does anyone have a Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80 and what are your thoughts on it, thanks

JWP58

WKR
Yep. I like it, but it's so new, my feelings are only preliminary feel goods. I'll know a lot more after December.

The hip belt seems well designed, and with the taller frame the load lifters appear to be functional. I've only carried 50lbs in the load sling, but it rides nice. The pals webbing on the belt is nice for modularity (but comes at a cost of more $$ for whatever pocket you choose to use). If you can find a deal on them, for about the mid 300's I think it's a winner....at least for now.

There are few threads going on this pack. This one has the most traffic.

I like mine but don’t have enough miles on it to really comment about its function. Frame does feel like a comfort upgrade in addition to the molle. I like the organization of the pack.

OP
R

Rialh

FNG
There are few threads going on this pack. This one has the most traffic.

I like mine but don’t have enough miles on it to really comment about its function. Frame does feel like a comfort upgrade in addition to the molle. I like the organization of the pack.
Thanks

slatebuilder

Lil-Rokslider
I have a beartooth 80, love it. Used it on 2 7 day back country hunts. For day use on those hunts I took the lid off and left it at my tent, cinched everything down tight and it worked pretty well as a day pack.

Also I have gotten a great deal of use out of it for day hunts and short evening hunts with my wife and kids. It holds enough snacks and stuff to keep everyone warm and happy on those hunts.

Wassid82

WKR
I bought one this year for my deer and elk hunts. I have tried several packs over the years....Kuiu,bandlands,eberlestock, etc. I really liked my kuiu pack the best while hunting. It was super light and very functional but it was not very comfortable when packing out meat a long ways. My eberlestock pack was my most comfortable pack but it was extra heavy and I didn't like the zipper situation and the drawstring top but the gun scabbard was awesome. The badlands was the quietest and was fine but packing meat out was the worst because it was held so far exterior to my back. the Beartooth 80 was materially light. the zippers and pocket placement is awesome the meat shelf is exceptional. I debated between it and the the kifaru but I felt the MR was a better value. I think I will stay with it for several years to come.

hflier

WKR
Over the years. I have tried every major brand of pack. I will not be selling my Beartooth. For me it is the best pack I have ever used. Not the lightest, but they really got it right with that Guidelite MT frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as others have said, after owning more packs than I care to admit.... the beartooth is going to be with me for a long time paired with one of the bag only options I have all my basis covered.

NJ_BHA

FNG
I wanted to pull the trigger on the Beartooth, but it bugs me that it doesn't have dedicated load straps. You cant use the frame without the bag to haul meat? Also, with the bag on, you have to cinch down the contents of the bag to secure the meat shelf. Seems like a glaring fault.

Braaap

WKR
I wanted to pull the trigger on the Beartooth, but it bugs me that it doesn't have dedicated load straps. You cant use the frame without the bag to haul meat? Also, with the bag on, you have to cinch down the contents of the bag to secure the meat shelf. Seems like a glaring fault.
MR has something called the Back Strap that lets you use the frame to haul meat. Might be something to check out, but I wish the frame was ready haul without adding something.

NJ_BHA

FNG
MR has something called the Back Strap that lets you use the frame to haul meat. Might be something to check out, but I wish the frame was ready haul without adding something.
Yeah man. Same here. Hauling without the bag isn't even my biggest complaint. Over compressing my bag contents to secure the meat is.