MR Beartooth packing configuration

Anyone with the Beartooth, what are you typically packing in the lid and in the large pocket on the outside back? Packing for a 5 day pack in hunt and trying to figure out what kind of things I might want access to in those pockets.

lmeyer

WKR
Doing my first elk trip this year and would like some input on this too. I'm planning on my spotter and rain jacket on the outside pocket. Tripod and bugle tube/ trek poles on the side pockets. Poop kit /first aid/ water filter in the lid. Kill kit and possible pouch inside mesh zipper. Head lamp in belt pocket. Main compartment tent, quilt, pad, clothes, food, cook kit. Still figuring everything else out.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone with the Beartooth, what are you typically packing in the lid and in the large pocket on the outside back? Packing for a 5 day pack in hunt and trying to figure out what kind of things I might want access to in those pockets.
I have used the Beartooth a fair bit. Last season was for a 6 day elk hunt. The 270° zipper opening is pretty handy to pack it almost like a duffel bag for the big stuff (tent, bag, pad, etc.) or orient the zippers for a more standard "top load" access. You can get a lot of gear in that thing...

Outside pocket -- rain gear, spare gloves, beanie
Inside Zippered Pockets (2)-- InReach, spare headlamp, licenses, backup battery (for phone or InReach charging), first aid/repair kit, other odds and ends
Lid -- TP, headlamp, hat/gloves, food for the day, water filter

Lots of options for sure.

OP
Kbhillhunter
I have used the Beartooth a fair bit. Last season was for a 6 day elk hunt. The 270° zipper opening is pretty handy to pack it almost like a duffel bag for the big stuff (tent, bag, pad, etc.) or orient the zippers for a more standard "top load" access. You can get a lot of gear in that thing...

Outside pocket -- rain gear, spare gloves, beanie
Inside Zippered Pockets (2)-- InReach, spare headlamp, licenses, backup battery (for phone or InReach charging), first aid/repair kit, other odds and ends
Lid -- TP, headlamp, hat/gloves, food for the day, water filter

Lots of options for sure.

Good call on the water filter in the lid!

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I always put snacks, gloves, fire kit, small first aid kit, stalking slippers, spare release, beanie, and a neck gaiter in the lid. I carry my gaiters and maps in the flat front pocket.
I’m always tweaking it though and I don’t think I’ve ever actually packed it the same way twice.

Anyone use the Beartooth and compress it down for day hunts or spike outs?
I did use it for day hunts but pulled the trigger on a Pintler bag-only when they were on sale at BlackOvis. Even cinched down I felt like the BearTooth was just a little too baggy to haul around for a day pack. I do love it for multi-day use though.