MR Terraframe vs hunting packs (Sawtooth,Pintler,etc.)

I've been looking into picking up a Mystery Ranch pack and came across the Terraframe 3-zip 50. It's $100 cheaper than the Sawtooth or the Pintler yet is larger (50L) and appears to use the same frame. Honestly just looks like a larger Pintler. I know the Terraframe isn't technically a hunting pack, but what is it missing that warrants the extra $100 compared to the other two? Anyone have any experience with both the hunting line packs and the Terraframe ones?

I've been looking into picking up a Mystery Ranch pack and came across the Terraframe 3-zip 50. It's $100 cheaper than the Sawtooth or the Pintler yet is larger (50L) and appears to use the same frame. Honestly just looks like a larger Pintler. I know the Terraframe isn't technically a hunting pack, but what is it missing that warrants the extra $100 compared to the other two? Anyone have any experience with both the hunting line packs and the Terraframe ones?

My son and I love the one I picked up last year from Sierra Trading Post. Didn’t get a chance to use it in the back country but it packed out 3 field dressed deer ranging from about 80-140 pounds.

As you said it’s a larger Pintler. The only difference is the colors offered and the about 300 cubic inch more space.

This is my son with about an 80 pound doe.

8fd54dad1e7df4b2f25072af0cac67dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the same guidelignt MT frame. Pack bag designs vary a bit but the quality is the same level as the hunting line. The .mil stuff has different specs but the hunting and outdoor stuff is the same.

Poser

WKR
One of my partners has the terraframe and we packed a whole bear + head and full hide, camp, rifles, tripods etc out in a single trip just yesterday. Since I spent some time readjusting his pack on the fly due to the extreme loads, I found the frame and the design to be entirely sufficient and that was a beast of a pack out.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
I ran one last year. I think the fabric is slightly less, but still robust. Great way to save weight and money.

OP
jimmiepoison
My son and I love the one I picked up last year from Sierra Trading Post. Didn’t get a chance to use it in the back country but it packed out 3 field dressed deer ranging from about 80-140 pounds.

As you said it’s a larger Pintler. The only difference is the colors offered and the about 300 cubic inch more space.

This is my son with about an 80 pound doe.
Thats awesome! Didn't even need to quarter it. Sure wish Sierra Trading post still had those packs. Inventory seems like it's been pretty low everywhere for everything lately. Good to know that pack can take a load though.

Thats awesome! Didn't even need to quarter it. Sure wish Sierra Trading post still had those packs. Inventory seems like it's been pretty low everywhere for everything lately. Good to know that pack can take a load though.

They are rated just like the hunting line to 150lbs. It’s probably way underrated of what it can carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk