MSR Dromedary

whitingja

WKR
Has anyone used these? I am looking for a good, lightweight water storage device at base camp. Also considering Platapus. Any help appreciated.

I have the 10 ltr and I love it works great for camp fits nicely in my high camp for getting to camp. Wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. My 2cts

OBP

WKR
The dromedaries are bulletproof. I have a couple different sizes and haven't had any issues with them.

Well I hate to be the turd in the punchbowl, but two of mine sprung leaks after 4 years. These were not the lite weight ones either. I wonder if its the way I carried them in my pack? I used to roll them up tight after purging all the air out of them. Im still gonna use them though. Oh & no taste issues with mine either. Only I could f##k up a Dromedary bag!

Jlbmlb4

FNG
I have had no issues with mine in 3 years. I had a platypus and would recommend the MSR over it.

Lawnboi

WKR
Spring summer and fall my from lite gets used 3+ days a week. It's 3 years old and is starting to show a little wear from being thrown in my pack recklessly along with other gear.

I don't think a guy would ever wear one out if all it did was sit in a bladder sleeve.

I also have one of the black heavier versions. And it's thick and heavier.

They both work great. For my style of backpacking I'd buy the red one again. If I were to be getting another everyday beater it would be the black version. Both tough bladders and IMO the best iv tried.

For the record iv had camelbak, platy and source bladders fail on me, sometimes from user air but most of the time I also gave my little dorm lite bag the same abuse and it's still kicking.

They are the only bladders that I have ever been able to keep outside the pack on the prairie as well without developing small leaks. I don't know what it is but water bladders outside the pack and the prairie do not go well together.

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
How well do they work with the drinking tube kit? Any issues with the connection at the bladder with stuff inside the pack causing a leak or break?

Renoit24

FNG
I love mine. 2 yrs of use out in the backwoods with no issues. Added the spigot cap for use at Basecamp instead of the spout that comes with the bag.