MT changing their ways

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I think in Montana in the next few year we will see more changes and I’m betting we will end up with more of a system like Oregon has. With the app yes there’s a lot of us that have our phones with us all the time and now we are using our phones paired with OnX as our gps but what about the older crowd? I work with plenty of guys who still carry flip phones I even work with a guy who doesn’t have a cell phone how are these guys going to “check in”?
You'll always be able to go down to the FWP office and put in for your tags, buy your licenses and all that. And you can drive 25mph all the way if you want to. Heck even I went and bought a quick doe tag at the hardware store last year on the way to the ranch cuz the manager called me and said the whitails are killing the hay. But for the rest of us with busy schedules, traveling all over the country, spending all our time in airports and living on our smart phones, laptops and tablets lets get with the times. I mean shit people they're just now coming to us with "hey you can print your tag out at home" WTF! I tossed out my old POS printer that only worked half the time, years ago it's PDF's & FTP sites now. We don't even print off schematics anymore our contractors are getting PDF's on there tablets in real time now. And all of that technology makes it far easier for the wildlife agencies to do there job better and more efficient that's the real beauty of it!!!

Axlrod

WKR
hey, that's progress in my book if they can speed up the draw results, plus no more waiting on the mail, and posting on Rokslide "anyone get their MT tags yet?"

If I were a state competing for non-residents, I'd make the draw date as early as biologically possible and results availabilty early as possible. Those two things often determine what states I get serious about.
Just my opinion.
While it would be nice to think we have a proactive government agency that wanted to do the best for it's "customers". The sad fact is they don't care. And they probably don't feel they are in competition for Non residents or residents for anything, as there is more demand than supply. The main reason for the change in tags is, last year the first run of all "waterproof" licenses and tags, the ink disappeared and you were left with a blank yellow piece of waterproof paper. So you had to go to a license provider and get them reprinted.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
While it would be nice to think we have a proactive government agency that wanted to do the best for it's "customers". The sad fact is they don't care. And they probably don't feel they are in competition for Non residents or residents for anything, as there is more demand than supply. The main reason for the change in tags is, last year the first run of all "waterproof" licenses and tags, the ink disappeared and you were left with a blank yellow piece of waterproof paper. So you had to go to a license provider and get them reprinted.

Understood. Only thing I would add is that even when demand exceeds supply, they’re still getting those application fees which help drive revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axlrod

WKR
Understood. Only thing I would add is that even when demand exceeds supply, they’re still getting those application fees which help drive revenue.

I totally agree. But they don't see it that way. This recent change in tags was brought about because of the inconvenience to the bureaucrats not the people they serve.
A few years ago they reduced the cost (from $75 to $10 IIRC) to apply for Moose, Goat, and sheep because of the cost of refunds. This increased the # of applicants without doing anything for the resource.
I have every year for the last 10 sent emails to the FWP asking among other things that they institute an online reporting VS. the phone calls regarding harvest. And 2 days ago i got a phone call from FWP regarding DEER hunting for 2019. And they have another call for Elk and another call if you have a special tag and another call if you got a Wolf etc. If you miss the call the leave a msg to call them back and leave you a cell # which is always busy because they are on the phone with other hunters.
Change is very slow.

prm

WKR
Virginia gives you the option, for a few extra bucks, of having them print your license on a credit card looking piece of plastic and sending it to you.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Virginia gives you the option, for a few extra bucks, of having them print your license on a credit card looking piece of plastic and sending it to you.
Oh flip Roksliders be like “10 extra grams?!?! Are you serious?!?!?

Reactions: prm

sasquatch

WKR
Cheap way to laminate the paper

Put clear shipping tape over it layered from top to bottom on both sides