Mtngear bipod?

NSI

WKR
What are your thoughts on glassing and shooting off the same tripod? I will be using a Sirui ST-124 with a VA-5 fluid head for glassing. From what I am seeing, most shooting off a tripod occurs off a ball head, but it seems that most prefer a fluid head over a ball head for glassing?
I absolutely can't stand that head for shooting. Listing it here in a few days. Main gripe is the head doesn't open up enough to accept an arca rail without sliding in. So, you have to start at the end of your rifle which won't work if you have a bipod or sling attached on the forward section of arca. Second gripe is common to all pan heads - leveling must be done with the tripod legs, which is slow, imprecise, and frustrating.

-J

What are your thoughts on glassing and shooting off the same tripod? I will be using a Sirui ST-124 with a VA-5 fluid head for glassing. From what I am seeing, most shooting off a tripod occurs off a ball head, but it seems that most prefer a fluid head over a ball head for glassing?
I am waiting for the new field research dome top tripods to come out. They look like a game changer for shooting from. And could throw a spotter on. I use sig image stabilizer binos so I don’t glass off a tripod. But I would through a spotter on to confirm what I’m seeing.

I am waiting for the new field research dome top tripods to come out. They look like a game changer for shooting from. And could throw a spotter on. I use sig image stabilizer binos so I don’t glass off a tripod. But I would through a spotter on to confirm what I’m seeing.

10-4.. I would be very interested in just using my tripod to shoot off of but don’t want to switch to a ball head on it. I would prefer to glass off it with a fluid head (I am only using 10x binos to glass, no spotter). So not sure how to make it work without having to change heads from the fluid head to glass and then to the ball head to shoot.. seems like that would take an outlandish about of time and not to mention extra weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP100

WKR
I have been using a MTN Gear bipod for some time now(im here in NZ)

I am not really a bipod person, but this has been very good for me so far. In the past ive used a harris and through my clients have seen nearly everything else on the market. MTN is probably the best ive seen, ease of use, adjustability and crazy light.

only concern long term might be durability, but its tougher than I have thought.

I have used it a little bit on a heavy .260(chassis rifle like a PRS set up) and it has worked very well considering its not made for a rifle like that.

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the swagger bipod in the past and really like it due to ease of deployment and height. However, I usually leave it at home due to the size/weight. The mtnhear looks similar without the weight. At the tallest setting anyone know if you could shoot from a kneeling or sitting position? Other words, could this sub for using your tripod to get elevation in most cases?

MojaveJim

FNG
It's not that tall fully extended imho. It's very similar to the std. ckye pod & for kneeling / sitting you would need a doublepull at the minimum.