MTNTOUGH 30-30

clint6760

FNG
I’m starting the program today. Been doing push-ups and lunges so hopefully I can make it through the dreaded 22’s and still be able to walk. Haha

fatlander

WKR
I've got a few days left in W6 and am also planning to go back through it but keep the run longer each week (there's two easy 4 mile loops depending on which way I turn from my driveway) and also do some additional core stuff. I may tone down some of the single movement days though (looking at you week 5 lunges), I didn't find a whole lot of value in that beyond the mental aspect.

Definitely a great program for the $. Anyone who's not an elite crossfit athlete can get some decent value out of it in my opinion.

Agree with this. Mixing in the alternate 22s and beartooth during that time makes more sense to me. Or better yet, doing a Murph or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am going to go for a second go round on the 30-30. With hunting season 8 weeks out, I think it will be better to firm up with this a second time over the next 6 weeks. I will start the 45-70 after the season is over rather than trying to start it now. The 30-30 program was great for me and I saw major improvements in core strength, upper body strength and quad stability. After finishing yesterday I'm down 25lbs as a result of the 30-30 and the Eat MTN tough program. Most importantly I'm feeling great and ready to hunt.

clint6760

FNG
Just finished week 1. Day 1 & 3 were rough but pushed through. On to week 2. Worse part is the 100 degree heat in Arkansas trying to run outside

Ac338

WKR
Just bought the 30-30 tonight and finished up day one a few minutes ago. I thought I was in decent shape... I got a rude awakening and my 60 minute time showed it. Definite butt kicker.

I'm thinking of starting this program, I'm curious how much running/jogging there is? It's not really a problem now but come wintertime weather will be a problem.

fatlander

WKR
I'm thinking of starting this program, I'm curious how much running/jogging there is? It's not really a problem now but come wintertime weather will be a problem.

One day a week is a sustained run (3-5 miles)

The rest of the workouts is shorter stuff 400-1200 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason_F

FNG
And you could always sub the running segments for an air bike, that's what I did.