MTNTOUGH 30-30

jmcd22

WKR
Definitely the most difficult for me so far. My body actually failed me...I had to give in at 260 lunges. I did the other 40 later that night so technically I finished, but not the way I wanted to.

Finally a day with no pain in my shins! 33s today and it was a good one! I am starting to like these circuits better than the typical weight lifting sets. This 30-30 is turning into a teaser for me...I want to try the other programs now!

jmcd22

WKR
Finally a day with no pain in my shins! 33s today and it was a good one! I am starting to like these circuits better than the typical weight lifting sets. This 30-30 is turning into a teaser for me...I want to try the other programs now!

Road march to end the week. 2.12 miles in 42:57. Took it easy today.

jmcd22

WKR
Any new updates? Anybody doing 30-30 lose any weight?

I finished the program with some injuries (shin splints, sore Achilles, sore/bruised feet) and had to limp to the finish line...even so, I am shocked at the progress made through a short, body weight program. I don't have a pull up bar so I settled for doing DB rows with 20s as that is the heaviest I had at the house. I definitely lost fat and built some muscle in my legs from the constant pounding. It is an ass kicker of a program and I looked forward to it each day and have wanted to restart after I heal back up.

jmcd22

WKR
Another question, is there enough pushups and pull-ups in the program to help out the upper body?

Oh yeah. There's quite a few haha. Take a look at the 22's on YouTube if you haven't already. The program as a whole is mostly cardio and lower body but they incorporate enough of both to make you feel it. If memory serves, I think they also add some chins in as well.

Jason_F

FNG
Oh yeah. There's quite a few haha. Take a look at the 22's on YouTube if you haven't already. The program as a whole is mostly cardio and lower body but they incorporate enough of both to make you feel it. If memory serves, I think they also add some chins in as well.

Correct. And of course you could always add in more on your own as well.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Any new updates? Anybody doing 30-30 lose any weight?
Just started the program today. 22s suck just as much as I remember from last year. Gonna be SORE tomorrow!!

My goal is to lose at least 15# through the program, as I'll lose another 5+ once the season opens in mid-August. I figure if I can get rid of the first 10# in 3 or 4 weeks the next 5 or so will be harder. I fluctuate weight a lot, so 15# it's very doable. Weighed myself this morning right at 190.0# I'll let you know my weekly loses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zacattack

WKR
Was walking out my door to do my warmup half mile for day one when my wife frantically calls me on the phone. It’s been raining for days and our sump pump went out, water was coming in so fast we could actually see it rising on the baseboards. Uh so hopefully gonna start tomorrow lol

Jason_F

FNG
What is everybody doing after they finish 30-30
I did the ElkShape "90 Days to Freedom" (it's only $70!) program after 30-30 and really enjoyed it. It does require a little bit of equipment (accomodations can be made to the programming if you don't have the prescribed equipment, and Dan at ElkShape was very responsive to my email queries about those changes).

I'm probably going to start 30-30 again on June 1 to compliment my recent start about 6 weeks ago to the Starting Strength program, but SS is only 3 days a week so I'll have plenty of open days to do the 30-30 programming. My plan is to do that through July and then re-start the Elkshape 90DTF program for in to the fall.

jmcd22

WKR
What is everybody doing after they finish 30-30

Got myself a big a$$ burger from McDonald's and relaxed on the couch for a few days haha!

I am going to restart the program and wait to see how things shake out in my area. Gyms reopened over the weekend and it's either going to be fine or things are going to spike and close again. Not something I want to be involved in just yet. I do plan to buy the other programs and start the Post Season program come late November though. I have seen a lot of people in the Lab go from the 30-30 to the 45-70.

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
I did the ElkShape "90 Days to Freedom" (it's only $70!) program after 30-30 and really enjoyed it. It does require a little bit of equipment (accomodations can be made to the programming if you don't have the prescribed equipment, and Dan at ElkShape was very responsive to my email queries about those changes).

I'm probably going to start 30-30 again on June 1 to compliment my recent start about 6 weeks ago to the Starting Strength program, but SS is only 3 days a week so I'll have plenty of open days to do the 30-30 programming. My plan is to do that through July and then re-start the Elkshape 90DTF program for in to the fall.

How was 90 days to Freedom structures as far as days per week and time commitment for each workout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk