Murse

Not everyone is a rancher...

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

No, but it's still hard for me to take people seriously who don't dress it.

I don't expect everyone to wear boots, but if you are lax in your attire, I judge you that way.

I don't know what profession flip flops are appropriate for, I'm sure there's some, but not many.

grfox92

WKR

I don't expect everyone to wear boots, but if you are lax in your attire, I judge you that way.

I don't know what profession flip flops are appropriate for, I'm sure there's some, but not many.
I couldn't agree more on the flip flops, but I've framed houses, hiked 10+ miles, done landscaping ect in shorts or sweats.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I just picked up an eberlestock fanny pack - its awesome. Plenty of room, I currently carry Wallet, Keys, glock 43, Benchmade Claymore, chapstick, and 2 iphones (work and personal.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR

So what judgement do you project onto people that don’t wear boots?

Loo.wii

WKR
Fanny pack across the chest is a good idea. if you wear a jacket over it you can keep it out of sight minus the strap across your chest

Drenalin

WKR
Work from home, stay at home parent, influencer, telemarketer, Only Fans, lifeguard, dolphin waxer...the list goes on and on.

The real question here is whether your boots are rubber or leather...what say you, Mr. Goat?

So what judgement do you project onto people that don’t wear boots?

Depends.

Crocs are very close to flip flops.

Sneakers remind me of clown shoes.

Dress shoes I assume you are a working professional of some sort.

Boots I was always able to determine if you worked for a living or were a truck driver, drivers have bullshit inside the boots, everyone else has it on the outside.

I forgot all about it cause I rarely get it, but poison ivy is another good reason for long pants, shoes.

Then there's stinging nettle.
I was hiking one time with a sleeveless shirt, went through some nettle. It started stinging a bit, then it rained and it really started stinging.

MattB

WKR

Back when I was covering Google, I wore my usual Silicon Valley banker attire (slacks and collared long-sleeve shirt) for a lunch on campus. The guy I had lunch with was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts (not atypical Google attire) and I was getting some looks from his co-workers. He told me not to dress like a banker the next time we had lunch. I gave it a laugh and he looked me in the eye, wiped the smile off his face and sternly reiterated "next time, don't dress like that".

It was jeans from there on out...

Swamp Fox

WKR
That's why no one takes Google workers seriously, on so many levels.

If you're going to be wildly over-paid, live in a tract home, manipulate search functions and suck up personal data without consequences, the least you could do is put on big-boy clothes ...

MattB

WKR
Google is not well-regarded in the valley from a “big brother” perspective, but I have to say that their treasury team was one of the most professional and decent I worked with. Lots of very smart people and they treated their external partners well even though they could have thrown their weight around and been demanding a-holes.