Muzzle Break or Suppressor?

What do you have on your hunting rifle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brazz04

FNG
Interesting thread over on Sniper`s Hide concerning whether or not a brake is bad form at the shooting range. Of course, like most everything even semi-controversial on SH, the thread descends into pejoratives.
I usually am over on SH, but I found out you guys kicked out redneckBMX and had to come over and check out Rokslide a bit more. Then I found how into Tikka's everyone was so win win on my end.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
I usually am over on SH, but I found out you guys kicked out redneckBMX and had to come over and check out Rokslide a bit more. Then I found how into Tikka's everyone was so win win on my end.
Redneckbmxr was banished from Rokslide? Interesting. It did indeed appear that a lot of posters here had a belly full of him. I don`t think there`s a reason short of an overt threat of bodily harm (and I`m not really sure about that, even ) that could get one banned on SH. That`s a site where civility goes to die!

Most of us waited 9 months for a kid. Suppressors are quieter and cheaper.
Exactly! Just because unbraked doesn’t hurt immediately like a brake doesn’t mean it’s not causing near the same damage. If you don’t have a can you might as well be using a brake because you need hearing protection with or without a brake.

SouthPaw

WKR
Exactly! Just because unbraked doesn’t hurt immediately like a brake doesn’t mean it’s not causing near the same damage. If you don’t have a can you might as well be using a brake because you need hearing protection with or without a brake.
The only problem with that theory is brakes can cause hearing damage even with ear pro. Especially the common types of ear pro hunters are using in the field that are often not deployed properly for maximum protection.

brazz04

FNG
Suppressors just make shooting more all around enjoyable. Hunting or the range, everything about them is better than a bare muzzle or brake, on that you won't change my mind. I'll never get folks being so against them. I'm definitely never going to be wearing ear protection while out hunting.

My 6 ARC AR build I've elected to have nothing but a thread protector on muzzle. My suppressor creates too much backpressure and makes the recoil very punchy. A brake would be too loud and unnecessary.

The 6 ARC recoil is light enough that going with nothing is smooth sailing and I can still spot my hits.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Hunting/shooting with others is simply far more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about blowing out your eardrums

That said, suppressor prices are criminally high for what they are. It's a hard pill to swallow up front, but the price was quickly forgotten after use.

I don't understand how the wait time justifies not wanting one.