Muzzleloader mule deer for New Mexico Unit 24 this fall – advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, all, I'm a relatively green hunter with just a few seasons of deer and elk under my belt. I picked up a leftover muzzleloader FA-deer tag for the southernmost part of the Gila, because I was bummed not to draw elk or deer for rifle this year. Now I'm teaching myself muzzleloader with fiber optic sights — fun!

I've hunted the Gila before, but not this area (planning on staying in the National Forest, and not heading down towards state/BLM land by Deming — unless I should?). My hunt is at the very end of October. Anybody care to share some advice with a newbie? TIA!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, all, I'm a relatively green hunter with just a few seasons of deer and elk under my belt. I picked up a leftover muzzleloader FA-deer tag for the southernmost part of the Gila, because I was bummed not to draw elk or deer for rifle this year. Now I'm teaching myself muzzleloader with fiber optic sights — fun!

I've hunted the Gila before, but not this area (planning on staying in the National Forest, and not heading down towards state/BLM land by Deming — unless I should?). My hunt is at the very end of October. Anybody care to share some advice with a newbie? TIA!
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.