muzzleloader suggestions for my cousin.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a few knights,CVA's,Thompson's and Remington 700 ml , all treated me good! I liked my Knight ultra lite and currently shooting the Remington 700 Ultimate and I'm very impressed with the accuracy! My next step is a full custom from Arrowhead rifles

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
whats you'll be hunting. open sight only?? projectile limits per the state you're hunting??

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
Really depend on where you'll be hunting with it because of individual state laws (legality of optics, loose or pelletized powder, ignition type, bullet type). I have a Knight Ultra Lite that I really like. Been taking nice Colorado bulls with it for several years. It likes Thor bullets and Blackhorn 209.

Just my suggestion...

1-19-Knight-Ulite-Nitride.jpg

First shots from a new rifle...

Target-1-10-Nitride.jpg

OXN939

WKR
ill be shooting deer and sometimes bear and in my state im allowed to have an scope on muzzleloader.

CVA Wolf. Don't be deterred by the fact that they're under $200- they are great guns that are an excellent way to learn about the sport. The break action is very intuitive and easy to use, and they are extremely accurate.

A great combo is the Blackhorn 209 breech plug, some regular strength (non muzzleloader) 209 primers, BH 209 propellant and some Barnes T EZs. This makes blackpowder hunting about as easy as it gets.