my late season mode of transportation....

sk1

anyone else ever do this? one late season area i hunted was 4-5 miles of a relatively gentle slope before the major uphill begins...this is where i walk the stream for a bit to cover my tracks and stash the snowboard. it takes a few hours to get in there, but only minutes to get out! also pull in an ice fishing sled in case im successful and will stash it if i know im coming back another day.

pardon my non-gear junkie clothing, was my first year hunting out west :p
rocking my old military BDU pants and $10 walmart special shirt, but hey it got the job done.

Attachments

• DSCN0600K.jpg
    DSCN0600K.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 115

Jon Boy

Would be pretty awesome to get a day of hunting in and shredding some fresh powder! Ive always wanted to back pack into some areas with snow shoes and board some back country ridges.

OP
S

sk1

Haha that's awesome!!

let me tell you it's such a long boring hike to get into that area i hunt, it's such a relief to have that snowboard and get back to the truck in like 15-20 minutes vs hours of hiking....it was my buddy's idea so i cant take credit, but if there is ever a reasonable time to take the board in late season like to situation i described, i take it!!