My wife said....

ephs90

FNG
Me: I'm going hunting. I'll be back later.
Wife: Hunt as long as you want as long as you are back by 7.
Me: Puzzled.

CJF

WKR
When preparing for my first backcountry trip I had each days food in a gallon ziplok bag. I used her digital scale to weigh the bags. It wasn't as light as I had hoped. My wife said, "It will be a whole lot lighter once you squeeze the air out of the bag!"

She's blonde in nature. I have a million more quotes from her just like this one.

Squirrels

WKR
I married an absolute saint, blessed beyond measure.

I've been wanting to buy a Browning A5 for 3 years, she even offered to buy if for me when our first child was born but I couldn't stomach anyone shelling out $1500 for a new shotgun so I told her nah. Fast forward till two weeks ago and bought a used one on a spur of the moment deal for half that.
I come home
me: "I bought a new shotgun today"
her: "what did you get?"
me: "a used A5"
her: "awesome, about time"
me: "you cool with it?"
her: "of course, not sure what you been waiting on"

This morning we finished the 13 hr drive from wy antelope hunt at 3 am. I called my wife to come pick me up at my buddies house.
My buddy went to bed, and I went and stood out on his quiet country road so my wife didn't have to pull in his driveway and shine her headlights on the house. I tracked her GPS and when she got close, I grabbed my pack, stood on the blacktop, lit up and waved my phone. She went by me at 60, and never hit the brakes until I called her. When I asked why she didn't stop, she said I looked like a bum!

Gulfgoose

FNG
Me: What do you want to do for your birthday
Her: Shoot a deer
Had the truck loaded before she could change her mind. She was a suburban bubble girl when we met with no hunters in the family.

*Mid duck season*
Me: What do you want to do next weekend
Her: I planned on hanging out with Marta all weekend since you'll be guiding.
Best two day nap I ever took after going hard for three months.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Took her on her first float trip fly fishing in Montana, as we drift away from the truck I catch her looking back.

Me: whatcha thinking?
Her:.......... how long before we float back around to the truck?
Me: run that by me one more time
Her: you heard me, how much longer till we float back around to the truck, I might need to leave this jacket there next time we come by.
Me and the guide: what river do you know that flows in a circle? We both couldn’t stop chuckling at that the whole day.

CX5Ranch

WKR
I was at wife's grandparents helping them one afternoon. Wife calls me..hey I just shot a doe in our backyard.

Ok great I'll get it when i get home (cold outside)

10 minutes later my phone rings. Hey babe what's up? She said, " I was headed to papa's house and saw a buck chasing a doe in the lower pasture. I got out of the tahoe and snuck down there and shot him"

I'm like ok dont freaking shoot another thing until I get over there!

Alen (papa) is like is everything ok?

No! You're granddaughter has killed 2 deer already and is driving around the farm with her rifle!

Long story short my wife is an animal, shes killed literally piles of deer. But I haven't ever seen her gut one....hmmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Backstory - when coming down out of the steep and nasty in the dark I took a digger, hitting knee on multiple rocks causing a wee bit of swelling and a broken sight housing to the bow. Could not drive or bend my knee- hunting buddy Brad has to drive my truck back to Richfield. Called Wife 1.0 on drive home (from a bag phone!) to go to general store before they closed and buy: razor blades, JB Weld, athletic tape, and ace bandage.)

Me; "Brad's coming to pick me up at 0430."
Wife 1.0: "You can't go, you just had to drain fluid off of your knee and it is swollen like a cantaloupe!"

(next morning at 0530 while loading my bow into Brad's truck {Brad was always running late})
Wife 1.0: "And Just what are you going to do Bradley if he blows out that knee again?"
Brad: "Gut him and keep the meat fresh until help arrives?"

and the front door was slammed so hard one of the little windows broke..... Fixed it the week after elk hunting was over.

Maybe that is part of what led to wife 2.0........

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wife: just go ahead and buy the ATX 95 if it's what you want.

Me: sure I want one but I'm in no way a good enough hunter to need one and it costs more than my truck.

Wife: *shrugs* it's up to you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

While I was recovering from a back injury with a baby and two year old at home -

Wife "You should take up hunting. It seems like something you would like."

Me "If I did, I'd want to do it right. Accurate rifle. Not top of the line gear, but quality stuff. It will cost some money."

Her, "Good. Do it."

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous hunting trip to Africa. I hunted and she tagged along a few days and went on photo tours or relaxed the others. The lodge we stayed at was wonderful and the food was amazing, every meal had some form of wild game meat in it. We are planning to return in 2021. She told me that she wants to accompany me on some of my hunts at home this year and learn to shoot a rifle proficiently. She asked if she could shoot some animals when we return to Africa. I told her "absolutely, whatever you want".