Mystery Ranch aquired by Yeti

Andrew11

Lil-Rokslider
Didnt see this posted anywhere here. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

repins05

WKR
Yeti started off small. I remember when they were peddling them. Think cabelas blew them up and then got bought out. Anyway, maybe yeti will bring some new ideas in (panga like). Guessing this ends the debate of yeti being anti gun? Unless they terminate a lot of mystery ranch items.

Mixed feelings.

Dana started making packs in ‘75 (?). Sold out of Kletterwerks and started Dana designs. Sold them to k2 and my sense is that quality dropped a lot and that deal flamed out. He started MR In 2000 (?) I think. That is ~50 years, so He isn’t a kid and I can’t blame him for cashing out, but I do get a little worried about where the brand goes. Some companies hold it together after a change in leadership or ownership - Kuiu and FL come to mind - but that is not always the case. I am an MR fanboy going back to my first Dana designs pack in 1996 (?) When I started backpacking. I have dabbled in others but wound up back with them over the years. We’ll see how this transition goes, but it would be sad to seem them go down the tubes.

WKR
Wonder if they'll rebadge the MR packs with the YETI logo? The YETI marketing machine is impressive and their gear is always great quality. Their pricing is always high as well but with backpacks, they're moving into a market that already has much higher priced options than MR.

It's an intriguing combination and will be interesting to see what they come up with.

let he among us that would not do a Dior collaboration cast the first stone…

also, stay tuned for my Dior X Carhartt fox fir lined hoodies. Preorders for only $1299 each.
$1299? You gotta pump those numbers up...that's bargain bin pricing. MR x Dior was asking $4k for their man purse.

Wonder if they'll rebadge the MR packs with the YETI logo? The YETI marketing machine is impressive and their gear is always great quality. Their pricing is always high as well but with backpacks, they're moving into a market that already has much higher priced options than MR.

It's an intriguing combination and will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Let’s hope that the fact(s) that;

1.) They already sell incredibly high priced items
2.) They’re aware of the other “higher” priced packs currently in the market

Don’t lead them to increasing the prices of their products to keep their current high price trend going.

Unless they come out with something that is new or ground breaking, I would hope their prices would stay the same as they currently are. That being said, I foresee this more “affordable” backpack brand quickly outpacing their competitors in pricing. They have to pay for the ability to make their films and do their collaborations somehow. Can’t expect that it won’t be at the expense of the consumer’s pocket books.

Hopefully I’m wrong. Doubt it though.