Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80 is amazing

830A0B29-005F-489C-AF90-ED35DD8CB2AB.jpg

This new pack is fantastic, had an opportunity to take the new Beartooth 80for a walk.

The pack, the waist belt and the frame are incredibly comfortable. The new buckle work great and have the same bomb proof features we all have come to love.

It’s really the waist belt and pockets that bring this pack into 2019
The waist belt is thicker and feels very comfortable with 75 pounds on my hips and shoulders. If you don’t have plans on getting one of these.. you may want to check them out.

IMG_4361.jpg
dc630e683777a34558ed421e836ea68c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you compress it down to day pack mode at all? One of my biggest gripes with the Metcalf was how "strappy" and bulky it was when not full. I know 5000+ cu in bags that compressed down better than my Metcalf did. Itd be nice if MR solved that and built a serious multiday pack that could pack down for day hunting, much like SG do now.

OP
EsternMT_Hunter
Are the shoulder straps a bit more plush? Kinda looked like it in the pic.

Yes they are made from a softer materiel where it makes contact with your neck or arms. Feels super comfortable

OP
EsternMT_Hunter
Did you compress it down to day pack mode at all? One of my biggest gripes with the Metcalf was how "strappy" and bulky it was when not full. I know 5000+ cu in bags that compressed down better than my Metcalf did. Itd be nice if MR solved that and built a serious multiday pack that could pack down for day hunting, much like SG do now.

I did pull all the straps tight and used the strap keepers to make it not look like a hand full of spaghetti. Takes time but works great, I think because of the length of each buckle connection it may be hard to pull every strap down to flat?

OP
EsternMT_Hunter
You: here are some pics of my new, badass pack that addresses nearly every grumble you have about your Metcalf, as if Mystery Ranch was sitting just outside your camp site listening to your complaints.

Me: [to the demon tugging at my wallet]

View attachment 92428

Bahahaha exactly! I was able to take a tour of their Bozeman facility a little while ago and it didn’t disappoint. Turns out this pack has been in development for a why and they put it through some serious paces to get it production ready. They are working on packs now for 2021 release. Very cool place and damn near a dog under every desk. People love working there.

Dunky

WKR
Yes they are made from a softer materiel where it makes contact with your neck or arms. Feels super comfortable

good to know. my two complaints with the guide light was the belt ( anytime you put something on it and unsnapped the buckle it would pull all the webbing back) and the shoulder straps were a bit hard/narrow , sounds like both have been improved

You: here are some pics of my new, badass pack that addresses nearly every grumble you have about your Metcalf, as if Mystery Ranch was sitting just outside your camp site listening to your complaints.

Me: [to the demon tugging at my wallet]

View attachment 92428

Me: hello demons, come on in. Would you like something to drink??

Haha. I’ve been wrestling with myself over a big brother to my pintler. I pulled the trigger this morning on the last one in my size. Haha

OP
EsternMT_Hunter
Me: hello demons, come on in. Would you like something to drink??

Haha. I’ve been wrestling with myself over a big brother to my pintler. I pulled the trigger this morning on the last one in my size. Haha

Congrats!!

Andrew11

Lil-Rokslider
I have been waiting to get my hand on one before i pull the trigger. Did finally see the sawtooth and noticed the difference in the belt and shoulder straps. Looks a lot more comfortable then the guide light.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
dc630e683777a34558ed421e836ea68c.jpg

Can you share more pictures?
I'm interested at the new buckles and what type so I can source them somewhere else so I can use my 2017-18 Pintler bag into the GL MT frame. To compare if they are using this company:
39bT29S.jpg

Interested on the new way to thread the bag or buckle the bag off the frame.
Is the frame still going thru the bag like in the 2017:
j7WJ2AB.jpg

Thank you for your time and consideration

JD619er

WKR
In the picture you have of the new frame and old frame side by side it looks like the new MT frame may be a little taller? Is that true?