Mystery Ranch Metcalf lost!...Sales receipt Needed...HELP!

I just got back from a scout trip to CO and some of my luggage was lost in route. I flew Spirit and to complete a claim they want a sales receipt for anything valued over $50. I had my wife’s and my packs in a military duffle along with most of our gear and when I retrieved the duffle from baggage claim it was opened and the lid (filled with small essentials) to my metcalf as well as a sack containing a bunch of other small items was gone. I traded a bow for the like new metcalf on here a couple months back therefore have no proof of purchase. Is anyone willing to take a pic of their receipt dated pre 7/3/19 and send it to me? I know to some this may seem dishonest but it seems to be the only way for me to be reimbursed for the airline/TSA mistake. They said a receipt for a replacement lid will not suffice because of the post purchase. Thanks

eamyrick

WKR
When United messed up a bunch of my gear a few years ago I just added them items to an online shopping cart and took a screenshot. They bought me a new bag and fly rod.

OP
Jahvette20
They told me it needs to be dated pre flight. I actually ordered a new Exo the week before so I could just have them pay for that but I think that would be fraud lol, but if someone doesn’t help me out with a metcalf receipt...

eamyrick

WKR
They told me it needs to be dated pre flight. I actually ordered a new Exo the week before so I could just have them pay for that but I think that would be fraud lol, but if someone doesn’t help me out with a metcalf receipt...

You are talking to the wrong person with the airline. Someone stole your stuff. They will pay to replace it. They tried to deny mine twice until I put my wife on it. You don’t want to be a manager when my wife is angry.

You are talking to the wrong person with the airline. Someone stole your stuff. They will pay to replace it. They tried to deny mine twice until I put my wife on it. You don’t want to be a manager when my wife is angry.

Agreed. American Airlines lost my bag...last time I will fly with them or check a bag. I spoke to several incompetent people (the “I am the manager” types) over a couple weeks before getting high enough to someone that fixed it in about two minutes.

Do people really save the receipts on that kind of stuff? I certainly have some receipts tucked away for warranty or anything of that nature, but I don't think I save anything for my clothing or my backpacks. I'd be having some real words with someone at the airline. It doesn't matter what you paid for it anyway. It's the replacement cost.

I'll write you a bill of sale and you can say you purchased it from me. It will be one of those used items that has special mojo properties with it from being previously hunted with. Costs 20 % more than new.

Good luck.

If you buy things online sometimes you can log into your account at where ever you bought it and then go back and show where and when you ordered it. I had to do that once in the passed to get a product warranted .
In this case on a trade it will be tuff to provide a receipt. Impossible really. Sucks

My advice is to play it straight up. Keep pounding away at the chain of command at the airlines. They're using the purchase receipt ploy to get out of paying for questionable losses. It makes some sense for them to do this, otherwise a person could make an excessive claim.

Do as you will, but know that if you're submitting a falsified receipt for the pack, you could conceivably be committing a form of insurance fraud. It might seem like they could never prove it, but are you willing to risk it (and your good clean background check) just to get some money back?

OP
Jahvette20
My advice is to play it straight up. Keep pounding away at the chain of command at the airlines. They're using the purchase receipt ploy to get out of paying for questionable losses. It makes some sense for them to do this, otherwise a person could make an excessive claim.

Do as you will, but know that if you're submitting a falsified receipt for the pack, you could conceivably be committing a form of insurance fraud. It might seem like they could never prove it, but are you willing to risk it (and your good clean background check) just to get some money back?
Thanks for your input. I by no means want to be fraudulent. I just want my stuff back lol. But if they don’t do right by me for their mistake I’m not planning on bending over and taking the loss. I haven’t called Mystery Ranch yet to see if they’ll sell me just the matching lid or if it’s even available as an accessory but the closest thing I see on their site is $95 and I had about $150 worth of smalls in it. So that’s at least $250 or if I have to buy a whole new pack $675. I don’t want anymore than what’s right but I own up to and pay for my mistakes and they should to.

Thanks for your input. I by no means want to be fraudulent. I just want my stuff back lol. But if they don’t do right by me for their mistake I’m not planning on bending over and taking the loss. I haven’t called Mystery Ranch yet to see if they’ll sell me just the matching lid or if it’s even available as an accessory but the closest thing I see on their site is $95 and I had about $150 worth of smalls in it. So that’s at least $250 or if I have to buy a whole new pack $675. I don’t want anymore than what’s right but I own up to and pay for my mistakes and they should to.

Know for SURE I'm 100% for you to get the reimbursement for your loss. I'm no lover of airlines and how they treat us when something goes wrong for us. The one thing I can assure you they hate is negative attention via social media or even worse....by the larger news media. My comment encouraging you to be careful about submitting a receipt not your own, is mainly because these are the little things that have a way of turning upside down and getting out of control. Although perhaps unlikely to be found, you've left some written tracks here as you solicited for a receipt on an open, public forum. I hope you see what I mean. And I definitely want to confirm that I'm not being critical or negative....just cautious. I hope you get this resolved and stick the airlines for every last penny you are owed.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Just keep crawling up the ladder. As painful as it may be. Value is determined by what something costs from the maker. If I paid $20 bucks for an mystery ranch and they lost if they would be reimbursing me for the whole thing. You want the replacement cost.

Theft or pilferage is a different ball game than a lost bag. I had someone lift my shaving kit out of the top of my military duffle years ago. Seems like a small thing but in addition to my shaving stuff it had a couple dozen pairs of my contacts and a pair of prescription glasses inside it.

Print them the MR page and send that. Start writing letters and emails today. Don’t wait. Take notes. Get names and operator numbers of everyone you speak to. Write complaint to the TSA. Make some noise. They will make it right.

isu22andy

WKR
Order another one, cancel the order and edit the sale date on the receipt. Felt dirty just typing that haha.

jspradley

WKR
I'd run up the chain at the airline before trying anything shady.

Ask for a supervisor, tell them the value of the bag but don't tell them you traded for it.