Mystery Ranch NICESizing

mmw194287

WKR
I've tried googling and searching the forums for this, but can't really find a great answer. I'm wondering if anyone with experience using MR NICE packs can give me any insight into the sizing and fit of these packs. I'm 6'2", 225 with relatively big chest and shoulders. I think about a 21" torso. My jean size is between 36-38, usually 36 during hunting season. It looks like I'm right on the upper end of the M belt, and squarely in the M yoke according to the MR guidelines.

For those of you with experience using this set-up, are the factory guidelines fairly accurate? It looks like I can get a pretty good deal on a used L/L 6500, and tempted to pull the trigger, but I don't want to find out that I can't crank the belt tight. I also don't want to get into a M/M and find out that with a couple layers I'm maxing out the belt and feeling constricted in the yoke. Or (as I suspect) is there enough overlap between the M and L that I (being right on the threshold between the two sizes) won't notice a difference between the two?

Thanks much in advance for any insights.

I am 6'2" 235, I went thru this last year when I got my MR Crew Cab.

I would go with a Med. belt and a large yoke.

I ordered it with a large belt, and then had to order a separate Med belt.

Bob

OP
M

mmw194287

WKR
Bob & Aron,
Thanks for the quick response. Sounds pretty cut-and-try. Unfortunately, that makes it a little tough to get into a used pack--most I see are M/M or L/L.

I don't remember the exact amount, but the Med. belt was very reasonable, as you only replace two small sections.
You should call them tomorrow!

Bob

OP
M

mmw194287

WKR
Didn't realize they were so easily interchangeable---forgive my ignorance. Again, extremely helpful. Thanks again!

Im 6' 3" and had the NICE 6500. Even with the frame extension on the 6500 i couldn't get any lift on the load lifters.

I tried so hard to like the pack and i just couldn't. I loved the bag but i couldn't recommend the frame to anyone over 6'.

I have some friends that are 5'8"- 5'10" and love the pack, but i was just too tall.

wapitibob

WKR
I'm 6'3 and now 225, 38 pants are too big but that's what I used to wear I have M/M and they are fine but a M/L puts the yoke further down into the frame pocket. Never came close to running out of belt.

If you get set up with a NICE frame, you might consider picking up a Gen II LLP from Oneiros Valley, it will really help provide some load lift.

I've started working with them on the side and using an LLP personally, so take my recommendation for what it's worth.

Last edited:

ZDR

WKR
If you get set up with a NICE frame, you might consider picking up a Gen II LLP from Oneiros Valley, it will really help provide some load lift.

Second the LLP. It transformed my nice frame into a load hauling monster. For $5 more get the power pulls.

lee peet

FNG
Doesnt mr sell these now to? Or is there a difference between the orenias valley lift kit and the mystery ranch lift kit?

Also does the lift kit stay on the frame wether your using the 6500 or crew cab bag?