Mystics Of The Hunt: An African Hunter's Tale, By Linda Egbuna

ODB

WKR
Excellent read, thanks!! This is why 95% of my hunting reading is about Africa - and has been for 25 years.

And remember, if you are hanging around with some Wanderobo chaps and you hear the call of the Honey guide bird and he leads you to a hive, you better leave the wax and grubs for him...else next time he’ll lead you to something with teeth and a nasty reputation....

Symbiosis is all though these stories...and I love them all...

This is a different take on hunting that I have ever read about. While me personally will more then likely never hunt Africa for the reason that I believe you hunt where you live for the sole purpose of meat and not a trophy but that’s just me. It is awesome to here beliefs and myths of hunting from a different culture and perspective. In my own way I have superstitions about hunting and the lineage that has been passed down to me and it is awesome to read that hunting is such a spiritual and predatory act not just for me but for people all over, this was a great article to read.

This is a different take on hunting that I have ever read about. While me personally will more then likely never hunt Africa for the reason that I believe you hunt where you live for the sole purpose of meat and not a trophy but that’s just me. It is awesome to here beliefs and myths of hunting from a different culture and perspective. In my own way I have superstitions about hunting and the lineage that has been passed down to me and it is awesome to read that hunting is such a spiritual and predatory act not just for me but for people all over, this was a great article to read.

Thank you Zach. I'm truly glad you could relate. It was incredibly important to share this article because for me, and for lots of Africans, hunting is a culture that means so much more than just killing animals.
It's such a pleasant surprise to learn that you feel the same way. I am so glad.

Excellent read, thanks!! This is why 95% of my hunting reading is about Africa - and has been for 25 years.

And remember, if you are hanging around with some Wanderobo chaps and you hear the call of the Honey guide bird and he leads you to a hive, you better leave the wax and grubs for him...else next time he’ll lead you to something with teeth and a nasty reputation....

Symbiosis is all though these stories...and I love them all...

Thank a lot for your kind words....and for the info on the honey guide bird..😀
I'll certainly keep that in mind because as hunters in the woods, we need all the help we can get.

SoDaky

WKR
Linda could you comment on the 2 rifles shown in the pics?
Is the one shown with a scope a Mauser?Seems to be a relatively small caliber as well.
Just curious.Thanks.

Linda could you comment on the 2 rifles shown in the pics?
Is the one shown with a scope a Mauser?Seems to be a relatively small caliber as well.
Just curious.Thanks.
You have a good eye you know...They are both Mausers. The one shown with the scope I believe is Model M18 and so it is not as worn as the other.

walleye26

FNG
Wonderful article. It is interesting to relate to other culture's spiritual connection to the wild through hunting. It helps to renew my respect and appreciation for the connection that I personally have. I have been reflecting on my own practices and traditions when hunting, and how they have tied my closer to my family. Thank you for this.

Wonderful article. It is interesting to relate to other culture's spiritual connection to the wild through hunting. It helps to renew my respect and appreciation for the connection that I personally have. I have been reflecting on my own practices and traditions when hunting, and how they have tied my closer to my family. Thank you for this.
You are most welcome!! I am so glad it resonated with you...so glad.