Name that old broad head

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Well can anyone remember the name of these old bastards. Got 6 unused lol. I don’t remember the name of em. But I can recall a few failures hahaha

c942f04f1121dc5385c2edcf736d88e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Yup. That’s exactly how they came lol. That little rubber keeper Hahahaha

Laramie

WKR
Looks like one of the Rocket variants

The dental bands worked fine
I put a lot of dental bands through deer and antelope through the years. Never had an issue. I was poor and Wal Mart sold them cheap. Those bands typically ended up somewhere on the shaft of the arrow after the shot and rarely broke.

I put a lot of dental bands through deer and antelope through the years. Never had an issue. I was poor and Wal Mart sold them cheap. Those bands typically ended up somewhere on the shaft of the arrow after the shot and rarely broke.
That's interesting. That was one of my biggest worries when my wife got me a package of rage broadheads for Christmas one year was having a thin piece of plastic holding razor blades in

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don't have any idea but please tell me they weren't designed to have a small hairtie holding them together in flight?
That's the same kind of O rings that all of those heads used to use. Even Rage. Orthodontic rubber bands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
That's interesting. That was one of my biggest worries when my wife got me a package of rage broadheads for Christmas one year was having a thin piece of plastic holding razor blades in
Just going through quick estimates, I have taken over 75 big game animals with them. They really used to let us stack up the does in the fall where I live. I still use an expandable head but it has a different o-ring style - Cabela's Lazer Strike II.
They are cheap, and very effective. I shoot a ton of kinetic energy so penetration hasn't ever been an issue.

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know where I can grab replacement bands ?
These beauties I think would be deadly on close in spring bear. The do leave a gaping hole :) when they stay closed and open correctly

Deadmeat

WKR
Sidewinder. I always used rubber bands that I got from orthodontist.

Nap shockwaves used the same thing but the band was further down the ferrule. When I shot them I don't remember ever having an issue, but I was always nervous about it.

That's the same kind of O rings that all of those heads used to use. Even Rage. Orthodontic rubber bands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Just going through quick estimates, I have taken over 75 big game animals with them. They really used to let us stack up the does in the fall where I live. I still use an expandable head but it has a different o-ring style - Cabela's Lazer Strike II.
They are cheap, and very effective. I shoot a ton of kinetic energy so penetration hasn't ever been an issue.
This was before I had actually held one and had no idea what they were about. Once I held them and found out what is actually going on with the retention I was ok with it. I am the kind of person that has to feel something to understand it.

Anyone know where I can grab replacement bands ?
These beauties I think would be deadly on close in spring bear. The do leave a gaping hole :) when they stay closed and open correctly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider