Nashville Trip

The wife and I are going to fly down to Nashville around the middle of March. We are both music junkies and are looking forward to hitting the music venues . We are going to rent a car and drive down to Chattanooga to catch a Roger Alan Wade show as well. Any of you ‘Slider’s have suggestions or tips?

Since you're gonna be around the Broadway strip area I'd recommend Martin's BBQ (4th Ave downtown location).
Excellent food & live music too
One touristy thing that's worth doing is the country music hall of fame. Lots of cool stuff in there (mostly before the plastic cowboy era)

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
If you have time, maybe check out a concert at The Caverns. It’s not too far from Chattanooga and it’s a really awesome venue.

tony

WKR
Nashville - Ryman and the “new” grand ol oprey

Im no country music fan but, the Ryman tour was pretty cool. The was an up a coming band and I can’t remember the name sound checking while we were there. We got to sit and listen and talked the band after.
The acoustics were amazing in that old place.

Went to an actual recorded show at the new one. Lucas Nelson, Willie’s son played, His first time there. Headliner i recognized, great big guy. Acted like he didn’t want to be there. Blake Shelton dropped in and did a few tunes.
Henry Cho Asian guy born in Knoxville was the MC.

Back to Nashville, Broadway street seemed to be the main tourist spot.
Find the pharmacy and get a burger.
And hit up a dive for real hot chicken.

My daughter goes at least twice a year, it’s only a 7-8 hour drive for us.

OP
Customweld
Nashville - Ryman and the “new” grand ol oprey

Im no country music fan but, the Ryman tour was pretty cool. The was an up a coming band and I can’t remember the name sound checking while we were there. We got to sit and listen and talked the band after.
The acoustics were amazing in that old place.

Went to an actual recorded show at the new one. Lucas Nelson, Willie’s son played, His first time there. Headliner i recognized, great big guy. Acted like he didn’t want to be there. Blake Shelton dropped in and did a few tunes.
Henry Cho Asian guy born in Knoxville was the MC.

Back to Nashville, Broadway street seemed to be the main tourist spot.
Find the pharmacy and get a burger.
And hit up a dive for real hot chicken.

My daughter goes at least twice a year, it’s only a 7-8 hour drive for us.
The Ryman is definitely on the list! Great suggestions from everyone so far.

Hattie Bs hot fried chicken- It’s kind of a nashville staple. If you are a flyfisherman, Fly south is one of the best fly shops I have ever been in and it’s right across the street from Hattie Bs.

As far as broadway goes, don’t judge a bar by its first level either- lots of them have 2-3+ stories and each level may have a very different vibe. Tends to get more chill the higher you go it seems like.

Anywhere up and down Broadway is going to give you a live music show, just walk around and pick one that has your vibe.

The Parthenon is pretty cool and interesting. Having seen the actual Parthenon, makes this one even cooler.

Jack's BBQ, just around the corner from the Ryman.
The Ryman for sure.
Hattie Bs
The Pharmacy Burger

If you get the chance catch a comedy show at Zanies, it's a good time.

If you want to have a high-end dining experience that is one of a kind check The House of Cards in the basement of the Johnny Cash museum. Reservations are a must and they have a dress code. It's pretty pricey but definitely worth the experience and magic show(it's legit, I fought my wife on going to a damn magic show but I actually had a really good time)

Chattanooga
The aquarium is really cool

Rock City and Seven states is a must

Pick a trail and hike around Lookout mountain.

Hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

Kurts86

WKR
1) Fly into BNA and Uber to your airBNB.
2) put on a sash that says “Bride”
3) Rent a party bus/tractor/truck and say “wooo!!!” a lot.
4) Get blackout drunk at your bro country artist branded bar of choice on lower Broadway
5) Go to take a selfie in front of the Wings mural for the ‘gram
6) Go stand in line at Biscuit Love
7) Buy a hat that says “BNA”
8) Fly home.

Will_m

WKR
1) Fly into BNA and Uber to your airBNB.
2) put on a sash that says “Bride”
3) Rent a party bus/tractor/truck and say “wooo!!!” a lot.
4) Get blackout drunk at your bro country artist branded bar of choice on lower Broadway
5) Go to take a selfie in front of the Wings mural for the ‘gram
6) Go stand in line at Biscuit Love
7) Buy a hat that says “BNA”
8) Fly home.
This got me good.

Kurts86

WKR
On a serious note Nashville is largely devoid of many authentic places in 2024, most are commercial cartoon replicas of something that existed before. There are very few restaurants in Nashville that have made it a decade let alone generations.

If someone tells you to eat hot chicken at Hattie B’s you should really be going to Boltons or Princes. Hattie B’s is the tourist friendly suburban copy of the real thing.

Loveless is legit and is worth going but you either go before 8am or in the late afternoon.

Monells is amazing and is the best overall representation of a southern family style meal.

Brightside bake shop is an amazing pastry shop and it’s where you should eat breakfast instead of Biscuit Love or Big Bad breakfast.

The BBQ scene is Nashville isn’t bad but it’s not worth seeking out.

Skip higher in dining in Nashville. Sure there are 2 or 3 Shawn Brock restaurants but it’s not a good high end food city.

The breweries in Nashville on the whole suck. Just drink whiskey or Diskin cider.

The Ryman is still legit and catching a show as well as an off hours tour is worth it. Any show you can catch at a music row studio regardless of how obscure the musician is it’s worth it.

Nashville is a city that doesn’t know what it is but it’s cool.

Dos XX

WKR
3rd & Lindsley. It's a live music venue bar. Go there. If you can catch the Time Jumpers on a Monday, do it. Otherwise go see whoever is playing even if you have never heard of them.

I’d rather spend my time in Chattanooga if I was to go to either.

Kurts86 hit the nail on the head for the typical Nashville tourist lol.

Agross

WKR
We stopped in Chattanooga for a night on the way back from Florida last year. Really liked it there. Very cool vibe where we were. Had bbq there that was great, but can’t for the life of me remember what it was called.

OP
Customweld
I’d rather spend my time in Chattanooga if I was to go to either.

Kurts86 hit the nail on the head for the typical Nashville tourist lol.
I see a lot of shows advertised at the Cherry Street Tavern in Chattanooga.I think that is where Lew Card and Roger Alan Wade play pretty frequently.

kda082

WKR
Ryman, Lots of good musicians up and down Broadway. If youre into guitars Carter’s Vintage and Gibson Garage.