NC New Guy

540fan

FNG
Just joined over here and came from one of the other sites that seems to start an argument with every topic. Was recommended to come here by another user. Avid hunter here in the Carolinas hunting rabbits, deer, fox, and HOGS. Favorite rifle cartridge is 260 Rem and yes I get questions asking me if I‘ve tried the 6.5 CM…. Hunting is mostly stand hunting and I favor cutovers over tight timber. Hog hunting is fun here and last year’s count was 15 hogs where we only get one shot because we are in timber. I use higher end thermals for night hog hunting. I’m a former NRA Highpower competitor starting an AR back when M1As were the real man’s rifle for competition. I shot with John Holliger (WOP) and spent time around Jack Kreiger and Boots Obermeyer at the Racine County Line Gun Club and learned a ton from them and watching them. Humbling experience scoring for Boots shoot a 798-53X in a 4 gun 600 match. I’m dating myself….

Who here remembers the 240NMC? Got my match bolt gun from Randy Gregory in WI with 240NMC was new and 6XC was still a David Tubb idea….

Happy to be here and looking forward to learning from the the forums and topics.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie