Need a little help!

Ok so I just realized my hunt is next week.. Damn 2 jobs and busy life. Ok so we are trailering into our camp and then driving in deeper to hike the day.. So i need help with my day pack..

Pack is a Kifaru highcamp..

Kill kit
Piranta with the thicker blades.
Paracord length open to suggestions.
Contractor bag x2
4 Alaskan meat bags
Any other suggestions?

Water
Lifestraw
2l GEIGERRIG

Fire
Bic
Mag stick and striker

Food
Jerky
Protein bars
Bagel sandwich
Etc
Easy no fire food

Misc
Gun
Ammo
Gps Rino walkie
Extra batterys
Head lamp
Extra batterys
Phone for camera
Tags and zip tie
Leatherman

Temp for area 7 in Nevada predicted 70s.. Any suggestion on clothing? Or other gear im missing for day trip and incase of emergency over night in the bush?

Thank you all!

Last edited:
In my kill kit I always carry a sheet of UL visqueen (roughly 8'x10') for laying meat on to keep it clean and also covering it in the rain. I also carry/use thicker rubber gloves for cleaning game. The gloves serve two purposes, keeping my hands clean and, the biggest reason, preventing cuts from slips with the knife.

First aid kit, sunscreen if you aren't putting it on in the morning, I always have a light bivy with tarp in case you stay overnight, aside from clothing, I carry a merino wool neck gaitor to keep the sun off my neck.

I pack a space blanket which runs a second purpose as AK's visqueen, a clean surface for breaking down meat. I also have a couple of extra meat bags in my kill kit. They're light and allow me to spread the meat out more to cool more easily. Plus a few ziplocks and dry baby wipes.

First aid kit: Leukotape, moleskin, Chapstick, small tube of Krazy Glue, needle and heavy thread, pill bottle with Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Imodium, broad spectrum antibiotics, dry baby wipes.

Map and compass.

I also carry an ultralight 6x8 emergency tarp and have some Vaseline impregnated lint in an old film canister.

Binoculars.

cjayflo

FNG
Not a lot of weight savings but use lithium batteries only. They are a lot lighter and last longer. Don't go crazy on packing in food. Those protein bars add up to a lot of weight. Toss the bagel and go with a tortilla, easier to pack.

OP
Quikstryke
Thanks guys! .. I forgot to get socks so the suggestions reminded me.. Plus a few other items! As always the input and assistance is always top notch here
I dont oen binoculars but was looking at a vortex monocular any thoughts?

"I dont oen binoculars but was looking at a vortex monocular any thoughts?"

Lots of guys here with lots more experience with much higher quality glass than I own, but that's a complicated question. The answer depends on what you're hunting, where and how. I would advocate for going with the best glass you can afford and maybe throw in a juicy rationalization to stretch that to the best glass you can almost afford.

xziang

WKR
I have looked into the monocular things but never bought one. Sounds like you are 'gun' hunting what more does the monocular give you than your scope? Me I would probably save some $$ and just rely on the scope than get a monocular at this point in time. Just my .02 though. Socks: I would go with smartwool socks or any socks that is wool type and also possibly 'liners' too.

OP
Quikstryke
Hit Cabelas today and picked up a pair of vortex diamond back binocs.. Wool socks and liners some new gloves as the weather has been chilly and colder lately