Need Some Sleep System Guidance

Lando

WKR
Another option to think about instead of upgrading your pad, and probably what I'd do if you like your current pad, is to get a thermarest z lite, nemo switchback or other light foam pad to up the r value of you current pad. Then you also have an emergency backup if the air pad fails. The nemo and thermarest have an r value of 2.

OP
Fever Buck
Another option to think about instead of upgrading your pad, and probably what I'd do if you like your current pad, is to get a thermarest z lite, nemo switchback or other light foam pad to up the r value of you current pad. Then you also have an emergency backup if the air pad fails. The nemo and thermarest have an r value of 2.
Yeah I did look at that option as well. I just worry about finding some place on my pack to carry it. Not ruling it out though.

Elk1365

FNG
Alot of great info here - thanks to all. Will be doing a 2nd season CO backpack hunt this year (first time backpacking) any suggestions on how to keep feet warm while sleeping? Plan on picking up a bag rated to 0 and a decent pad but often get cold feet while sleeping

OP
Fever Buck
Alot of great info here - thanks to all. Will be doing a 2nd season CO backpack hunt this year (first time backpacking) any suggestions on how to keep feet warm while sleeping? Plan on picking up a bag rated to 0 and a decent pad but often get cold feet while sleeping
You could look at some insulated booties. I’ve heard people like those.

Elk1365

FNG
So the #5 post on this thread mentions upgrading to the “XTHERM” who makes this product? Anybody have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geriggs

WKR
Down goose socks I am going to try and run this year. They sound legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you're carrying insulation layers then that bag is perfectly fine. No sense in carrying a zero degree bag when you're already carrying everything you need. Maybe a warmer pad, but that bag is just fine.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk