Nevada 051 Archery

Hello all - FNG here. Have been hunting archery for the last couple years now and basically learning on my own/with a buddy who’s also new to archery. Hunted 171-73 the last couple years with some good stalks but no success. Was able to draw 051 this year for August but haven’t hunted there before. I’ve been focusing on high draw odds units to increase the frequency/changes I can be out with my bow each year to continue my learning process. I’ll be boots on the ground scouting in a couple weeks and currently e-scouting. I’m no stranger to hiking/backpacking and plan to focus on the Santa Rosa range wilderness area to get away from the roads. Question to you all - has that strategy been successful for people in the past or is that where all hunters focus their efforts due to the lack of habit throughout the rest of the unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, so THAT's where my tag went. You dawg! ;)

I can't say based on personal knowledge what's the best approach in that unit, though I know the grapevine suggested there are highest concentrations down on the ag fields. Maybe someone on here will PM ya with better info.

Welcome to the forum!

OP
D
Oh, so THAT's where my tag went. You dawg! ;)

I can't say based on personal knowledge what's the best approach in that unit, though I know the grapevine suggested there are highest concentrations down on the ag fields. Maybe someone on here will PM ya with better info.

Welcome to the forum!

It’s always good to be lucky! 🤪
I appreciate the info and will check out the ag fields when I’m up there scouting! I’ll see if there’s a corridor of public on OnX that gets close to those private fields.

It’s always good to be lucky! 🤪
I appreciate the info and will check out the ag fields when I’m up there scouting! I’ll see if there’s a corridor of public on OnX that gets close to those private fields.
That's probably not a bad plan, sir! Good luck out there!

Jet4

FNG
I have the muzzleloader tag . I'm non resident starting my e scouting also. I've never been there . I was looking at the santa Rosa's also

OP
D
I have the muzzleloader tag . I'm non resident starting my e scouting also. I've never been there . I was looking at the santa Rosa's also
Good luck to you!! If I find anything out useful when I’m there in a couple weeks I’ll gladly share.