Nevada Coyote Hunting...Illegal?

jmcd22

WKR
https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/...bill-carries-penalties-equal-to-manslaughter/

My dad has told me stories of how good the Nevada mule deer hunting used to be but as we all know, mule deer have been on the decline for years. After hearing about this little number this morning, I did some research to see if the guy I heard it from was BS'ing or if there was any validity to it. Well, it looks like the bill is actually real. This would put even more pressure on Nevada's herds. It seems that more and more we hear about "reintroduction" or sh!t like this. Unbelievable.

OP
J

jmcd22

WKR
Might I add that I am aware that it applies to contests but this is just the first step to outright banning it. Dont think for a second that it isn't.

Wonder what the rationale is behind it?

It passed in NM. Real simple rational, typical liberal anti-hunting methodology, drop ungulate populations as low as you can and force hunters out of tag opportunities, thus eliminating long term hunter recruitment.

Chip chop

Rich M

WKR
It passed in NM. Real simple rational, typical liberal anti-hunting methodology, drop ungulate populations as low as you can and force hunters out of tag opportunities, thus eliminating long term hunter recruitment.

Chip chop

I've been hearing stuff like this since the 70s. I remember them reintroducing coyotes in the east as I was a kid - the older guys said exactly that - anti's and herd management.

Scottyboy

WKR

Chip chop

Very unfortunate. Quite the opposite in Minnesota (for now at least) is that I’m seeing more and more coyote “tournaments” showing up every year. It’s amazing, to me, how willing landowners are to allow us on their land to hunt them with few questions asked.