Nevada draw questions

WKR

WKR
I know how the draw works for non residents but my question is for the resident draw, if you don't draw your first choice do you maintain your points? Or does any successful choice take your points back to 0?

Also if a resident puts in with a non resident which pool does the application go into?

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
To get to the top point levels, yes. But they are bonus points (as opposed to preference points) so there is always a chance, however small. The draw creates an order, then your choices are considered when it’s your turn in line. So if you really have your heart set on a specific unit, apply only for that and leave the other choices blank. Otherwise, always put the best units first, then followed by any unit for which you are willing to use your points, because you have the same draw odds for a place in line no matter if you put in for the top unit or the bottom unit, just a matter of whether or not the tag is still available when your place in line comes up.

To get to the top point levels, yes. But they are bonus points (as opposed to preference points) so there is always a chance, however small. The draw creates an order, then your choices are considered when it’s your turn in line. So if you really have your heart set on a specific unit, apply only for that and leave the other choices blank. Otherwise, always put the best units first, then followed by any unit for which you are willing to use your points, because you have the same draw odds for a place in line no matter if you put in for the top unit or the bottom unit, just a matter of whether or not the tag is still available when your place in line comes up.
I've drawn at least one tag every year. I like Nevada's system more than most.

What time did they finish running the draw?
Before noon on Wednesday. I think the 48 hours starts at the EOD of the day of the draw though.

Regardless, I don't think anyone is going to commit the time or resources to suing NDOW for posting the draw results a few hours late.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
The rules say within 48 hours and the hour regardless of when the draw was done that day is 5 pm. So you will get your email by 5pm today as the draw was done Wednesday.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
5pm Nevada time. Yes Pacific.

Even though I’ll have an Utah elk tag, I’ll gladly take anything Nevada will give me!