Nevada draw results 2020

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nevada will be conducting the draw tomorrow 5/17/20 live on YouTube. If you haven’t watched this, your not missing much. It is a button pushed on a computer and two dude in a room watching a computer do its thing. Moral of the story, they are mandated to give out results within 48 hours of the draw so we will be finding out by Wednesday this year!

Good luck to all that applied and post up here if you were lucky enough to get a tag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68Plexi

WKR
Thanks for the heads up Travis! Not going to tune in to Youtube but looking forward to Wednesday.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Travis, I know this is finally my year to draw Nevada!
I heard rumors that applications were down 30%

Rumor. More like up 30%. I don’t know the exact number but I talked to a friend at ndow to confirm the rumor because I heard the same thing. His response was “more than ever, actually”

Hoot

WKR
I tuned in to just the beginning of the feed, because like said above, there's not a lot going on in the actual draw, but they said the number of individuals applying in nevada was up from about 75k last year to 80k this year. If it's like the last couple years, we should get our results about 2am on Wednesday morning...

They didnt break it down by species or number of apps per individual, but they also said that last year they generated about 6.5 million application random numbers and this year they were right at 7.5 million. (squared bonus points)

excaliber

WKR
I'll have to admit it wasn't the most entertaining show but there were some questions that were asked and answered that brought light to how the draw works.
I learned several things I didn't know about the NV draw.
There was an increase of participants in the draw from 75,000 last year to over 80,000 this year. I think the tags/ hunts applied for also increased from 308,000 to around 335,000 (+/-) Overall an increase of about 6% on participants and 13% increase on tags applied for.

The lowest computer generated # was 7 and the highest was 999,999,997 Best of luck to everyone in the draw.

Rumor. More like up 30%. I don’t know the exact number but I talked to a friend at ndow to confirm the rumor because I heard the same thing. His response was “more than ever, actually”

my spidey sense thought this might happen. went top units or nothing on this years app. odds prob went from .001 to .01 but theres still a chance!

JasonWi

WKR
I'm sitting at 9 points for deer,elk,antelope.. and even at that total my best draw odds for the units I applied for was 33%, if the apps went up even more it's not looking promising. Guess they can only reject me for so long then out of pity...maybe will give me a tag!:D