Nevada second draw help

I think there was a proposal to change the loss of points for a leftover but not sure where that is in the pipeline.

OP
J

Jordan guyer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm having a hard time. I have 6 points now and the area I wanted to hunt you can draw on your first year

Beastmode

WKR
I'm having a hard time. I have 6 points now and the area I wanted to hunt you can draw on your first year
Start putting in for better areas is my suggestion. I would hate to lose 6 points to hunt an easy to draw area unless there was a really good chance at an animal worth 6 points. I'm taking it it's for deer?

Beastmode

WKR
If you are dead set on hunting that particular unit keep trying. Otherwise with 6 points you have a descent chance of drawing some pretty good other units in the state. The downside to Nevada's draw system is one guy could put in for a tag for 20 years and not draw it. A different guy could draw that tag his first year putting in.

OP
J

Jordan guyer

Lil-Rokslider
If you are dead set on hunting that particular unit keep trying. Otherwise with 6 points you have a descent chance of drawing some pretty good other units in the state. The downside to Nevada's draw system is one guy could put in for a tag for 20 years and not draw it. A different guy could draw that tag his first year putting in.
The unit I was wanting to hunt is an archery tag and it looks like there has been some leftover tags but it seems if I get the leftover tag it still takes my bonus points

Calbuck

WKR
In my opinion, continue to try and draw a good tag, then once you draw, start looking at the leftover list. Costs too much to waste points on a so-so (is there a so-so unit in Nevada?) hunt..that is how I would approach your situation.