New AAE fletch

Btaylor

WKR
Got a sample pack of the new AAE fletch that is basically the same cut as a blazer this past weekend. Fletched up 4 arrows and am really pleased with them. The material is more pliable than a blazer and returns to shape perfectly. The bases are pre-treated for fletching and they have a wider base when applied to the shaft. They also have little horizontal ridges to supposedly make them fly more quietly but I cant tell a difference there.

Anywho, cool new vane that I am going to grab some more of for sure.

OP
B

Btaylor

WKR
Package said Hybrid I think. The starting point of the parabolic curve is slightly forward of where the blazer begins. Otherwise height and weight are pretty much the same.

I just looked on the AAE site and it is not the Hybrid-26 that's on there. I will take a pic this evening and post it.

Blackcow

WKR
It's the hybrid HP. They're making the 26, 40 and the Hp. It's the same material as the elite plastifletch, with the ribs like the plastifletch max, max hunter, stealth etc.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shooting the Max Stealth now. The Hybrid 26 appears to be the same profile. Anyone see any advantage to this vane over the Max Stealth other than about 1.5g lighter? I'm not familiar with the material, but would consider trying if its good.

HookUp

WKR
The Hybrid 26 has the same exact dimensions as the MAx Stealth. Sounds like the material may be different?