New Aero precision action

TxLite

WKR
They are live. Says 30oz though? But then also says they carved 1lb off the original so maybe 30 is a typo?

Feature set is intriguing. Fair to assume street price from others will be notably less? Would really prefer a 90 degree 2 lug if I strayed from tikka as well to get that light bolt lift.

TxLite

WKR
Feature set is intriguing. Fair to assume street price from others will be notably less? Would really prefer a 90 degree 2 lug if I strayed from tikka as well to get that light bolt lift.
I’ve seen the standard Solus action for like $625 and they have a similar msrp

Sevens

WKR
Have fiddled with one of the regular Solus actions. Did not expect to like it thinking the 60 degree would be tough. Was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is “more” but not as much as I had expected.

Really like their bolt handle too.

ChrisAU

WKR
30oz turned me off when I looked yesterday. But if 20oz is correct I may be in? Seems an important detail when releasing a “lightweight” action.

TxLite

WKR
30oz turned me off when I looked yesterday. But if 20oz is correct I may be in? Seems an important detail when releasing a “lightweight” action.
The original is 36oz so this line has me thinking that 30oz is incorrect.

IMG_4657.png

That does not look like a 20oz action. Look at a pierce shadow in comparison.

A lone peak fuzion alpine port is 28.5 iirc so 30oz may very well be accurate and the dropping a lb line is just not the case.

Last edited:

TxLite

WKR
Update- so aero evidently updated their website description (pic below) to show half a pound instead of a full pound (pic from a few posts up). I reached out to their chat for clarification and the rep wasn’t sure so he grabbed some actual weights and sent the following-

“The standard is 39.36 (2.46lbs) the lightweight is 30.6 (1.9lbs)”

Note that the website shows the standard action to weigh 36oz. So there’s that.

IMG_4751.png

Bowhunter-tw

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like as a well known company you would vet your claims before you make them public. But 30oz aint too bad.

NSI

WKR
Can’t imagine why this at 30 oz over a Tikka at the same. Still got to buy a trigger and barrel. Don’t know who this is for.

-J

Bowhunter-tw

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t imagine why this at 30 oz over a Tikka at the same. Still got to buy a trigger and barrel. Don’t know who this is for.

-J
I’d imagine for ppl that havent drank the tikka cool aid… Tikkas are great but not perfect for everyone

TxLite

WKR

-J
I’d imagine for ppl that havent drank the tikka cool aid… Tikkas are great but not perfect for everyone
I think also for those that might want to have an actual short action instead of a shmedium. Also those that already have or want to use r700 components and/or origin prefits while maintaining a 60 degree throw.

PVA barreled actions @ $1150 are attractive as well. Sounds like they have a batch of these new models on their way to them.

NSI

WKR
I think also for those that might want to have an actual short action instead of a shmedium. Also those that already have or want to use r700 components and/or origin prefits while maintaining a 60 degree throw.
The short action only makes sense if it actually drops weight.

Of course you’re right on the components.

-J

Last edited:

TxLite

WKR
The short action only makes sense if it actually drops weight.

If course you’re right on the components.

-J
I think if it had actually come in around the 20oz mark I might try one out. But at 30oz I don’t see any benefit over my tikkas personally

Reactions: NSI

Vern400

WKR
Is it just me or are these companies in competition to make the ugliest looking actions?
Aero is in competition to put all the bullets in the same hole, and appearance takes a back seat.
A fellow still buy a pretty rifle if that's what he wants. When they optimize one side, they compromise on the other.

Aero is in competition to put all the bullets in the same hole, and appearance takes a back seat.
A fellow still buy a pretty rifle if that's what he wants. When they optimize one side, they compromise on the other.

The lines on the solus fit the gaudy market demands for people wanting chassis, carbon, elaborate flutes, etc because of how they look IMO. It's a 700 pattern repeater picking popular features from existing such actions and built at a more affordable price point. BAT, Lone peak, impact, defiance, zermatt, Terminus, etc are all more "aesthetically pleasing" IMO and i promise they don't have any less desire to put bullets in the same hole.

I think aero is doing a good job shaking things up and offering a competitive option so not meaning to crap on them. Props are due for their efforts on the solus IMO. It's not the prettiest IMO but not off-putting enough to factor in whether I'd buy one.

TxLite

WKR
The lines on the solus fit the gaudy market demands for people wanting chassis, carbon, elaborate flutes, etc because of how they look IMO. It's a 700 pattern repeater picking popular features from existing such actions and built at a more affordable price point. BAT, Lone peak, impact, defiance, zermatt, Terminus, etc are all more "aesthetically pleasing" IMO and i promise they don't have any less desire to put bullets in the same hole.

I think aero is doing a good job shaking things up and offering a competitive option so not meaning to crap on them. Props are due for their efforts on the solus IMO. It's not the prettiest IMO but not off-putting enough to factor in whether I'd buy one.
Not to mention they regularly go on sale. Looked back through my texts and Primary Arms had the original for $650 back in October. That’s cheaper than most deals on Tikkas these days.

Not sure where else you get this feature set for $650 if you like 60 degree throws.