Rebarrel Tikka or Just Buy New Rifle?

I consider myself lucky cause Bug Holes is 15 minutes from the house. I’ve dropped off a couple rifles with him before. Great guys.
Greg spun up a tikka 25creedmoor prefit for me. More expensive than my PBB barrels but it’s an absolute hammer. Depending on your needs I’d learn towards SPR, personally saving up for another barrel from them

My 7-08AI Tikka has a Bartlein barrel that was put on by Greg. SPR was great to work with and the gun shoots exceptionally well.

I will say that since then I have started putting prefits on my Tikkas and they are all great too. If SPR started selling shouldered prefits, I would buy from them.

My 7-08AI Tikka has a Bartlein barrel that was put on by Greg. SPR was great to work with and the gun shoots exceptionally well.

I will say that since then I have started putting prefits on my Tikkas and they are all great too. If SPR started selling shouldered prefits, I would buy from them.
They do, just have to call. Mostly an issue of having the blank in stock but they did a prefit for me once the blank was in.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Buy a new CTR. Have a spare bolt and action on hand, rebarrel it when you feel like it.

Or, by a new CTR, pull the barrel and put it on your old CTR, sell the new action for almost what you paid for the entire rifle.

Or, keep an eye out for a CTR takeoff barrel for about $200.

The only reason I see to go with the cost of a custom/prefit is to get a different chambering or twist from factory.

What is the reason for the rebarrel? Is the barrel toast or do you just want a different cartridge?

If you're that close to SPR i'd definitely just have them deal with it. I finally have a barrel vise and action wrench but if the source of my barrel was 15 minutes away i'd let them deal with removing old barrel and fitting the new one. Looks like you'd be in it for $375+ cost of barrel blank with SPR?

Harvey_NW

WKR
If you're that close to SPR i'd definitely just have them deal with it. I finally have a barrel vise and action wrench but if the source of my barrel was 15 minutes away i'd let them deal with removing old barrel and fitting the new one. Looks like you'd be in it for $375+ cost of barrel blank with SPR?
For sure. Being local plus getting a barreled action that's timed and headspaced correctly from the start is a huge convenience.