NEW American Rifle Company Coup De Grace Action $899

gabenzeke

WKR
That is correct, the LRH has the same universal fit but with an adjustable cheek piece and non integrated bipod rail.
Do you have a preference? Based on looks alone, I'm thinking I'm going to get the ph.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have a preference? Based on looks alone, I'm thinking I'm going to get the ph.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I have not had my hands on an LRH to compare them. I like the PH and plan to get another but was also planning on getting an LRH for a target rifle with 6-36 where the Adjustable cheek piece would be beneficial.

I guess we read that thread and draw different conlucsions.

1. I see that every trigger “failed”.
2. Snow, ice, rain are a part of hunting to be sure, but I don’t pour a lot of water into my actions during the season.

I appreciate Form’s efforts and experiences,…but I’ve been killing bulls in the wilds of Idaho for 35 years (I’m 50 now). I know a bit about what hard hunting looks like. I also shoot a couple thousand rounds of ammo a year. My experience tells me concerns over a TT or Timney trigger failing in a 700 action are GREATLY overblown…greatly. If I was pouring water into my action before I left camp every morning, I guess MAYBE I’d be a bit more concerned about the “advantage” Tikka offers.

I like Tikkas a LOT and have owned several. There are lots of reasons to buy one. Fear of a trigger failing in most other guns just isn’t one of them imho. Your experience may vary as they say.

Both photos are from this season. Draw whatever conclusions you like. I’m not a special forces operative, but I might have killed a few dozen elk along the way, in some pretty inhospitable weather. I will say that factory 700 triggers are no bueno from my experience, and thats without any regard to weather.

Amen.

I think a lot of things here are blown out of proportion just because Form said so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ChrisAU

WKR
I have a few of these actions on hand at the moment. I chambered up a 20” Proof Sendero in 6.5 Creedmoor for my brother this summer and dropped it into a Manners PH mini chassis. It required very minor mods to the chassis but otherwise was good to go. The rifle absolutely hammers. He used it to kill a big 5 point bull a few ago at 820 yards. The AW mags are really nice and functioned perfectly right from the start.

I was planning to build a 7 PRC for myself on a CDG using the Hawkins Hunter mags. But the long action CDG will only work with AICS magazines. I don’t want those so I now have a couple long actions that will be for sale when I get some time to list them.

I really like the ball style bolt knob these actions.

Did ARC tell you the LA CDG would not work with Hawkins hunter mags? I'm struggling to understand why if AICS does work. I'd understand the short action having issues since they are optimized for AIAW mags.

No, I haven’t talked to ARC about it. I have a couple CDG long actions on hand as well as Hawkins Hunter DBM setups so I test fit them. The feed lip area of the Hawkins mag is wider than an AI mag and the mag well cutout in the CDG is pretty narrow. With the mag pushed against the bottom of the action it’s still about .150” away from latching in the DBM. Notice the gap between the DBM and bottom plate of the magazine.
My initial thought was to shorten the latch on the DBM but due to the design of the latch I doubt it could be shortened enough. If you were willing to put a chamfer on the action, along the sides of the mag well I believe it would work.

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4605.jpeg
    IMG_4605.jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 37

SDHNTR

WKR
I saw that ad yesterday and I like it. Integral lug and rail for $900 is very attractive. What turns me off tremendously is I don’t understand the complexity. The mag requirements are confusing. I’m a BDL traditionalist. I come from a hunting background. I understand BDL won’t work, but when he starts to explain what will work I get lost in the noise of alphabet soup. I don’t mind a DBM, but it has to be flush mount. I don’t want to have to modify something to make it work. So because I can’t easily figure out magazine options, I’m ready to move along to the next option. Ted says it’s for hunters, ok then, what’s the flush mount mag recipe that works for a hunter? Keep it simple.

And then there’s the matter of conical breech vs not. Again more complexity. No other action has all these qualifiers. At least not that I’m aware of.

I like ARC’s stuff as I know it’s all well made and thought out. But the mad scientist strikes again. Unnecessary complexity. When something can be simple, make it simple! Methinks Ted don’t hunt. It shouldn’t be this complicated.

Last edited:
I saw that ad yesterday and I like it. Integral lug and rail for $900 is very attractive. What turns me off tremendously is I don’t understand the complexity. The mag requirements are confusing. I’m a BDL traditionalist. I come from a hunting background. I understand BDL won’t work, but when he starts to explain what will work I get lost in the noise of alphabet soup. I don’t mind a DBM, but it has to be flush mount. I don’t want to have to modify something to make it work. So because I can’t easily figure out magazine options, I’m ready to move along to the next option. Ted says it’s for hunters, ok then, what’s the flush mount mag recipe that works for a hunter? Keep it simple.

And then there’s the matter of conical breech vs not. Again more complexity. No other action has all these qualifiers. At least not that I’m aware of.

I like ARC’s stuff as I know it’s all well made and thought out. But the mad scientist strikes again. Unnecessary complexity. When something can be simple, make it simple! Methinks Ted don’t hunt. It shouldn’t be this complicated.
Too bad nobody makes a 4 or 5 round AW mag. That would be flush or close to it, the 10 rounder doesn’t even hang that far. I have a CDG and hope someone can figure out a 5 round AW style mag for hunting.

SDHNTR

WKR
See? It’s absurd. It shouldn’t take any interpretation or modification to find something that properly holds bullets and feeds them into the chamber.

It’s especially confusing if you come from a strictly hunting background and find tacticoll stuff offputting. All this stuff seems to be based off of weird space age firearms from accuracy international. Those aren’t hunting guns. I have zero interest in learning about them. Give me something I understand.

Last edited:

ID_Matt

WKR
All this stuff seems to be based off of weird space age firearms from accuracy international. Those aren’t hunting guns. I have zero interest in learning about them. Give me something I understand.
Winchester 30-06
Lewypold 3-9
Weaver mounts
Uncle mikes sling
Core locks?

id_jon

WKR
See? It’s absurd. It should take any interpretation or modification to find something that properly holds bullets and feeds them into the chamber.

It’s especially confusing if you come from a strictly hunting background and find tacticoll stuff offputting. All this stuff seems to be based off of weird space age firearms from accuracy international. Those aren’t hunting guns. I have zero interest in learning about them. Give me something I understand.
It doesn't take any special modification if you use the magazines it was designed to use.

woods89

WKR
I've never used AW mags, but I have used a rifle with AICS 5 rnd as well as a CZ 527 with their little 5 rnd detachable mags. If a detachable mag system works works well, I greatly prefer it to a floorplate. And I used floorplate systems for quite a few years.