New Bino Harness on the Market

hflier

WKR
I have received a new Bino harnss from Jaret Owens at Alaskan Guide Creations. It is smaller and lighter than the original Bino pack, but still retains some of the features of the original, which is also a great Bino harness. I am leaving tonight for a 9 day hunt in Colorado. I will do a review on it when I return. I am not affiliated with Alaskan Guide Creations in any way.

That's a set of Vortex 10x42 Viper HD's for a size reference.

Ron

Looks like a nice setup , light and compact . Will look forward to your review . Good luck on your hunt .

Son of a .........! I just bought an FHF and I really like how this one looks. More protection than the FHF. Looking forward to the review and may be selling an FHF.

The cord at the bottom allows you to precisely tension the closing loop for different size bino's.

Son of a .........! I just bought an FHF and I really like how this one looks. More protection than the FHF. Looking forward to the review and may be selling an FHF.

I almost did the same thing. I just couldn't do it though. I don't like everything about it. I use the Horn Hunter right now but I really like the concept of the FHF. Will have to see the review of this.

Looks very interesting. Looking forward to your review. I just bought a FHF a couple of months ago but this looks like a great option.

Looks good. Curious if the zipper and mesh would cause any discomfort from rubbing on your chest? Looking foward to your review.

Curious if the zipper and mesh would cause any discomfort from rubbing on your chest?

The mesh on the back of the FHF appears to be the same and it doesn't cause any discomfort. It's actually quite comfortable and seems to keep sweat from building up there.

I don't post much but wanted to chime in and say Jeret sent me one of these packs, (the one on the left) last spring. I've been carrying it all summer on foot, horseback and on a 4wheeler. Works very nicely with my 10x42 els, holding up well, I cinch it down pretty snug and no issues like rubbing for me. Also you wont find a better guy to deal with than Jeret either.

hflier,
I don't see that coyote brown one on Jarets website. Is it something that is not yet on his site?
Thanks

That pretty much looks like a fhf in different material with the tag pocket on the back not the front. I don't like how the straps on the agc packs dig In your back with a pack on though.

I wore mine with my DT2 loaded with 80lbs yesterday and it was a none issue. However, I had on a FHF Gear bino harness, but I suspect that this Alaska model wouldn't be too different.

Well, it's not exactly new---been out for sometime and it's what he calls his "bowhunting" case. Jaret is a great guy to deal with and he is currently making this same case to fit a set of 15 x 56 swaros. I use this case for my binos and I have a havalon on one side and a lighter on the other. I'm trying to get him to reverse the cord and the hook-----so you would pull down on the cord and put it around the hook which is on the main body. Now you have to pull up on the cord and hook it on the lid. Makes better sense to me to pull it down as sometimes when you pull up, you almost have to use two hands.

Randy

That pretty much looks like a fhf in different material with the tag pocket on the back not the front. I don't like how the straps on the agc packs dig In your back with a pack on though.

Yeah I wear my fhf with my pack and can't tell it's there. The agc straps were alittle different and I could feel it.

I got the compact AGC last spring in camo on eBay. I've worn it with Kifaru, Camelbak and MR packs with no strap issues. My only issue is the mesh side pockets are TIGHT. Kinda tough to get wind checker bottle in there. It seems to be loosening up. I really like the one-handed access while holding a bow.

Is the material quieter than the FHF? Are there top straps that hold the pouch up when you take the binocs out?

Back