New Bino Harness

sivart

WKR
For those who have tried multiple brands, which do you prefer and why?

I want a light system, as I primarily backcountry hunt. But I also like the shoulder straps to be comfortable.

Is there a more simple, lighter design than the Stone Glacier? Not sure if those straps would be comfortable though?

I've used several although not the Stone Glacier. I prefer Marsupial magnetic. I had the original for many years and just switched to the enclosed. The magnet has messed with my compass on my GPS in the past, so I debated hard about going non mag but absolutely love the ease of 1 handed operation of magnetic as my bow is always in my other hand. Other reasons being the magnets will last forever, bungees wont, and no bungees to catch on my windchecker i keep in the side pocket of the harness. I'll just hold my gps out away from the harness when using compass. Some complain about the noise the magnet makes when closing but after using awhile, you'll just get in the habit of keeping a finger between the magnets as you open/close resulting in a soft, quiet magnetic connection. Good luck in your choice

TN2shot07

WKR
I have tried a few. AGC, original style FHF, enclosed marsupial, and the standard marsupial. For just a bino harness the standard marsupial was my favorite. I liked the enclosed design but didn’t think it was as smooth to open/close.

I’m working on putting together an FHF chest rig right now, I like the options so far. Just picked up their new air harness and I’ve only had it in the woods twice but so far I really like those straps. It’s still warm here (90 today) and they seem to breathe pretty well.

I’ve tried a lot and been using the SG since it came out. No issues with straps being uncomfortable. There is a break in period where the hood almost takes two hands to use but it quickly loosened up and now no issues.
Hard to go wrong with the SG, marsupial or fhf, just personal preference. The only one I just didn’t like was the kifaru.

dtrkyman

WKR
Am I the only one who has a love hate for them? I like the convenience for carrying other chit, but i think I prefer the Rick Young for the bino's.

I have a Sitka and KUIU, the Sitka I have only used with all attchments, nice for carrying stuff but a bit sweaty!

Last edited:

Randle

WKR
I go back and forth also, sometimes the bulk on my chest drives me crazy.

I’ve only used a few, a Cabela’s exposed design, an Outdoor Visions (lots of use), and most recently a Marsupial. I like the OV and Marsupial so far. Could be what I’m used to, but I think the OV harness is the best, and also appreciate how easy it is to get the binos in and out. The Marsupial is very nice, low profile… jury is still out for me on the harness and how you have to dig the binos out. That said… lots of guys seem to love them to death

Luked

WKR
I jsut got the newer AGC Ravus not long ago.
I like the design, but right at this point im not a huge fan of the bino straps that hold them to the harness.
They seem to be too thick and wont let the lid close easily which to me defeats the pourpose of the harness all together.
This is the second AGC harness I have had with the Kodiak Cub being the last one and I did like it but it was a little more bluky thank I prefer. Which is the reason I went with the Ravus.
So far jury is still out on the Ravus as I have been in contact with AGC about the issue. No solid soloution yet.