MylesH

FNG
Prime Centergy Hybrid- limb stops
Sight- MBG Ascent verdict assault with 6” dovetail, 3 pin
Rest- Hamskea hybrid hunter pro microtune
Stabilizer- Quivalizer
Black eagle rampage 250, .001” straightness
Vanes- 4 fletch AAE Pro max black vanes offset
Broadhead- slick trick viper trick pro ss 100gr.
around 515 grains
fps around 281-85
Silverback release

Thoughts?

MTSabo

WKR
Seems like a sweet setup to me. Have you used those rampages before? If so how have they been for you.

OP
MylesH

MylesH

FNG
No, this will be my first time trying them. I really like the half out idea black eagle has incorporated though.

samc

Lil-Rokslider
I also had a lot of issues with durability with my rampages

bmart2622

WKR
Pretty much everyone I shot at something other than a target broke. I shot a grouse a week ago and after passing through the grouse my arrow hit about a 2.5" aspen sapling. My bh stuck in the sapling and approx half of my arrow was reduced to carbon ribbons and then broke off. Several others that went into the dirt and broke. The outserts seem to hold up, maybe a footer would help but I just dont have faith that they would hold up if you happened to hit bone with them.

OP
MylesH

MylesH

FNG
so what are you thinking of switching to? I would like these arrows to be durable enough for elk

bmart2622

WKR
Im leaning strongly towards the Valkyrie system. I know Aron spoke highly of their durability. Ive got some time though and I might wait and see what people think of the Day 6 arrows and their center pin system too.

OP
MylesH

MylesH

FNG
I've also looked into the day six arrows but hesitant as there's not a lot of information on them yet.

bmart2622

WKR
Im fairly certain I will go with the Valkyrie system, the nice thing is for $50 you can get a test kit and try it before you fully invest. Im not an extreme FOC guy either, I just need something durable.