New Colorado Gun Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Polis. This will definitely stop the medicated, mentally unstable handful of people that want to hurt others.

Can we at least start policing the laws on the books before we start restricting rights?

TLDR:

1. 3 Day waiting period
2. Can't purchase a gun until you are 21 years old
3. Make it "easier" to sue the gun industry.
4. Expanding red flag laws to healthcare providers.

At Least RMGO has filed suit against the age and waiting period so far.

Sykes

WKR
I tried not to respond because it's hard for me to be polite about our lovely governess but none of it will do any good, that's the sad part. It will only effect us the law abiding. If somone is determined to do harm its not real hard to leave the state, buy a long gun and come home the same day. I'm and hour from Laramie Wy, that's where I get most of my rifles sent already.

And making it easier to sue the gun companies, that's completely and total horseshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just wish they'd make it consistent and logical. If they're going to restrict Constitutional rights to folks under 21, then they need to restrict ALL those rights, including voting rights.

And a law that allows stupid people to be even more sue-happy is more ridiculous than the 21 thing. The left has got to pull their heads out at some point and stop trying and allowing to blame everyone except the perpetrators for their actions. This means that every car dealer is now fair game for lawsuits as well whenever there's an accident. You can't just single out one industry to target with legislation regarding responsibility.

OP
R

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I tried not to respond because it's hard for me to be polite about our lovely governess but none of it will do any good, that's the sad part. It will only effect us the law abiding. If somone is determined to do harm its not real hard to leave the state, buy a long gun and come home the same day. I'm and hour from Laramie Wy, that's where I get most of my rifles sent already.

And making it easier to sue the gun companies, that's completely and total horseshit. I'm gunna shut up now before I make you all think I'm retarded, oh crap don't tell gov pole smoker I said the R work
You're just echoing the sentiment of a lot of people in this state with a couple functioning brain cells. Crime has gone through the roof and police won't do anything, so lets make more laws.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Like others I don’t know where to start with these laws… it’s a bunch of feel good look at us BS. It does nothing to stop/prevent crime. You know what would go a really long way to help with CO’s violent crime? Throw violent criminals into prison and leave them there. I Work in the first responder industry and I can’t tell you how many violent nut jobs get caught and released like it’s a damn gold medal river!!! But yeah waiting an extra 3 days will definitely prevent the gangbangers/ dealers from killing people

The suing the gun industry is so asinine. So when do we get to sue the alcohol industry when someone misuses their products, or the automotive? Slippery meet slope…

JjamesIII

WKR
Thanks Polis. This will definitely stop the medicated, mentally unstable handful of people that want to hurt others.

Can we at least start policing the laws on the books before we start restricting rights?

TLDR:

1. 3 Day waiting period
2. Can't purchase a gun until you are 21 years old
3. Make it "easier" to sue the gun industry.
4. Expanding red flag laws to healthcare providers.

At Least RMGO has filed suit against the age and waiting period so far.
Holding the gun industry culpable is the biggest threat. Sue ammo/gun companies as well as vendors. That better not gain traction. These prosecutors/da’s have a lot of power. Vote accordingly guys and girls.

Not that any of this makes things any better now. But, I believe NY or IL got struck down on the 21 age limit already, based on discrimination of an age group. I am guessing someone will or has filed sure against the state.

Since gun industry companies can be sued for the actions of others, the politicians and the state should be sued right after a shooting since their new laws did not prevent the shooting. Therefore they are liable for passing ineffective laws, gas lighting, and false claims.

sndmn11

WKR
Holding the gun industry culpable is the biggest threat. Sue ammo/gun companies as well as vendors. That better not gain traction. These prosecutors/da’s have a lot of power. Vote accordingly guys and girls.

You've already seen how litigation is used to attack small business in CO on opinion difference. I think Jack the baker guy is at three cases heard by SCOTUS now.

This is another reason why the "conservatives" in the GOP suck ass. They try to be "principled" losers.
The left is always on offense, ALWAYS. They don't give a crap if a law is unconstitutional because just like the Bible the constitution means nothing to the communists. They wipe their butts with it everyday. When we get in power we need to unleash a barrage of laws & executive orders that go after everything they care about.

cnelk

WKR
Colorado will never have a Republican governor again. And the way its going, its a good possibility that the US Govt will never have a Republican President again.

Better start liking bananas, because thats the type of govt thats coming.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I just wish they'd make it consistent and logical. If they're going to restrict Constitutional rights to folks under 21, then they need to restrict ALL those rights, including voting rights.

And a law that allows stupid people to be even more sue-happy is more ridiculous than the 21 thing. The left has got to pull their heads out at some point and stop trying and allowing to blame everyone except the perpetrators for their actions. This means that every car dealer is now fair game for lawsuits as well whenever there's an accident. You can't just single out one industry to target with legislation regarding responsibility.
18 year olds aren't mature enough to buy a gun but somehow 13 year olds are mature enough to make irreversible changes to their bodies.

At this point, anyone who supports the democratic party platform is either a moron or evil. I just don't care to mince words any longer.

OP
R

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
This is another reason why the "conservatives" in the GOP suck ass. They try to be "principled" losers.
The left is always on offense, ALWAYS. They don't give a crap if a law is unconstitutional because just like the Bible the constitution means nothing to the communists. They wipe their butts with it everyday. When we get in power we need to unleash a barrage of laws & executive orders that go after everything they care about.
I don't really agree with your last statement. The best course of action is to prevent these types of things from happening, i.e. fully cement the 2nd Amendment and overturn unconstitutional laws. Sounds like you want to punish the "other" side.

Last edited:
I support a 3 day wait and 21 year old requirement but should have waiver available for mil etc or rigorous process to get waiver at 18 for civilian. Or something regarding age. I don't think a regukar 18 year old should be completely free to buy whatever. I definitely don't agree with the other parts.

OP
R

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
I support a 3 day wait and 21 year old requirement but should have waiver available for mil etc or rigorous process to get waiver at 18 for civilian. Or something regarding age. I don't think a regukar 18 year old should be completely free to buy whatever. I definitely don't agree with the other parts.
What are your reasons for supporting this? Why should we be able to vote or die in a war with a weapon we can't even purchase stateside? At what point are we adults?

How does a 3 day waiting period stop a hell bent mass shooter? All it does is inconvenience "law abiding" gun owners. I doubt with a high degree that someone that wants to go shoot up a grocery store or school gives a **** about having to wait 3 days. All it does is piss off people. even more so rural Coloradans where the nearest FFL could be 2-3 hours away.

Mass shooters are such a trivial non-statistic per capita that its a joke. There are hundreds of other issues in this state that kill and injure magnitudes more people that we could focus on (and trending up).

Last edited:
Trigger warning: Storm's a comin'

Eddie

P.S. @Tock-O: Do you support 18-21 year old voting for our next President or dying while serving our country?

That's a little tougher for me. I don't support all 18 year olds automatically getting the right to vote. I don't necessarily agree with an 18 year old automatically getting to join the military if they can be thrust into war at that age.

I think nowadays, kids in general are slower to mentally mature and the problems we have with misinformation being spread throughout the easily accessible internet makes it even harder for kids at 18.

In general, I don't think it would hurt to push all three of those items (voting, military that would include combat, gun ownership) to a later age. Maybe 20. I think they need at least a couple of years out of highschool and being in the real-er world for a bit before making those choices.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
It is just plain wrong that 18 year olds can be drafted and killed in wars but aren't competent enough to own a gun? Where is the sense in this?

I submitted online testimony against some of these. Doing so is a pain in the ass. You write what you want to say, try to submit it, and the a message box pops up telling you there is a 2500 character limit. After 2 or 3 hours of cutting content you get it to submit. Then, you get an email saying if you are called to testify, you have only 2 minutes. So you get your grandson to time you. Cut more. Time again. Cut more... and after about another hour of cutting stuff you really wanted heard, talking as fast as you can, and with no mistakes you get it down to 2 minutes. Then you wonder how much time lobbyists had to spew their crap.

272 people killed by drugs and alcohol. Yet we can buy a beer in every corner gas station and damn near every corner pot shop. Yet we never blame it on the Bud light or magic lettuce, or the car manufacturer? Common sense has left the building for good I am afraid. My days of residency in this state are numbered unfortunately.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Agree Storm is brewing. Lots of Lightening strikes. Dems keep pushing like this and it will be sooner then you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.