New Digiscoping Option—MagView **Review Added 8/3/22**

I dont think it will work, the B1 needs the left eyepiece of the bino to attach to.

that's why the S1 has the magnet in the flap, so it has something to attach to

the metal plate would have to have a hole in the middle of it for your camera to see through so it could adhere to the B1 ring on a spotter.

prolly not explaining it well, but I'm certain B1 won't go on a spotter...
So the flap on the spotter and the ring on the binos don’t connect to the plate the same? Hummm, I had this all cornfused.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the flap on the spotter and the ring on the binos don’t connect to the plate the same? Hummm, I had this all cornfused.

Same metal plate on the phone. The cover/flap for the spotter is where the magnet is located on that setup. For your binos, the eye ring on one side is the magnet and your camera will look through the opposite side. You wouldn’t be able to use the bino adapter on your spotter since the camera wouldn’t be able to look through the only eyepiece.

Hopefully that came across clear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've quickly used the app on my current setup. Locks the camera and I can now full zoom and the phone doesn't do the annoying lens switch where I'd previously have to back off and get it to switch back. I'll play more later.
A true rokslider, already figured out how to jimmy rig it on another set up lol. Seriously, thanks for letting us know,

JoeDirt

WKR
You’re welcome to participate in this review as you have 3 cams so the app will be necessary
I downloaded the app, I think it would be nice to have to option to manually select the camera lense of your choice. I often like to choose my telephoto lense (6x optical) to cut out any vignette and make my 10x binos appear to be 16x043DA078-1EDC-4A21-8A80-BD9DCE71D7A4.jpeg357B9342-8B4B-4100-A3C5-BBCB6C355800.jpeg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

BBob

WKR
When the camera is locked using the app the zoom magnification is much greater than the unlocked cameras 10x max. I can’t say how much exactly over 10x but judging by image size I’d say it’s about 25x total. Haven’t compared image quality yet.

Like better than a phone skope? Looking into this cuz I hate switching cases during hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pontius

FNG
Mine just got delivered, an S1. Paid retail, for what it's worth. Elegant, minimalist, which was my primary goal. A flipper lens cap on the scope, which needs a cap anyway + a wafer thin slice of steel on the phone case. Nothing to remember or pack. Use the app, its worth the install, definitely better than the iPhone camera app for this purpose. Nice build quality. Spend some quiet time with it at home to nail down the setup. Takes a few seconds per glassing session to line the phone up. Missed my last scouting trip by a nose, looking forward to taking it out in the field.

bwidrick

Lil-Rokslider
All looks like a great idea, except for the loss in eye relief. As an eyeglass wearer, already losing some eye relief due to that, losing additional eye relief from the adaptors could be a deal breaker. Would be nice if the adapters fit flush with no loss in eye relief.