New Digiscoping Option—MagView **Review Added 8/3/22**

@robby denning Hi Robby. A mate of mine is trying to purchase for his Vortex Fury HD5000 binos, but are they shipping internationally?
Is there any way to get some sent to New Zealand please?
Cheers

I was just about to buy the spotting scope adapter but when I measured the eyepiece diameter on my 82mm Meopta S2 I realized it was 1/8" too small. Hopefully they will come out with something for smaller eyepieces.

Did a quick comparo of some available options for digiscoping here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...scope-spotter-attachment.272264/#post-2679137

Some is conjecture, but most is backed up by either talking to the owners or reps, actually owning the product, watching a bunch of vids, or for example in the case of the MagView – also reading this thread.

Please don’t bite my head off, and if I’ve made some mistakes please do let me know so I can update the post. Finding this info has been rather time consuming.

Last edited:
@robby denning Hi Robby. A mate of mine is trying to purchase for his Vortex Fury HD5000 binos, but are they shipping internationally?
Is there any way to get some sent to New Zealand please?
Cheers
Hey man, I can’t imagine they aren’t. I’ve only been involved in the testing. Hit up their CS. If you don’t hear back, send me your email address in a PM.

thanks

Did a quick comparo of some available options for digiscoping here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...scope-spotter-attachment.272264/#post-2679137

Some is conjecture, but most is backed up by either talking to the owners or reps, actually owning the product, watching a bunch of vids, or for example in the case of the MagView – also reading this thread.

Please don’t bite my head off, and if I’ve made some mistakes please do let me know so I can update the post. Finding this info has been rather time consuming.
I don’t know why anyone would bite your head off over all that. Good work.

Two things:

You didn’t mention the MagView App. That is supposed to address the lens switching problems. App wasn’t available when I did that intro video, but since then, @Tony Trietch and @SLDMTN are using it and we should have their final review up next week. Tony said it fixed the issue.

On Novagrade, @Matt Cashell and I have ran it successfully. reviews below of needed:

and I did some testin on the single gripper:

I don’t know why anyone would bite your head off over all that. Good work.

Two things:

You didn’t mention the MagView App. That is supposed to address the lens switching problems. App wasn’t available when I did that intro video, but since then, @Tony Trietch and @SLDMTN are using it and we should have their final review up next week. Tony said it fixed the issue.

On Novagrade, @Matt Cashell and I have ran it successfully. reviews below of needed:

and I did some testin on the single gripper:

MagView: oh, wasn’t referencing a problem but saying it could be advantageous to slide the phone back and forth to change lenses (vs. having to pop off the adapter on the Phone Skope). But yeah maybe I’ll mention that both the MagView and Phone Skope have apps that allow you to stop auto lens switching…but with the MagView one I don’t see that function. Maybe that’s in beta?

Novagrade: I’ll watch your vids and see if I’m a total idiot with that thing. Probably was? If so I’ll update my opinion.

For you guys that bought the B1 bino adapter, have you tried it on the BTX eyepiece?
I bought the MagView specifically for using it on the BTX, as I haven’t really found a fast, easy solution for it.

It fits and works OK, but seems a little “touchier” than on a spotter, as it floats off the opposite eyepiece a little further.

I haven’t spent a ton of time with it yet, but so far my only complaint is the B1 adapter makes the eyepieces uneven, and the taller side makes contact with my eye socket. Pretty petty complaint, as it’s more annoying than anything else at first use.

I’m guessing after sitting behind the BTX for a couple hours I’ll either never think about it again, or it’ll drive me crazy and I’ll rip it off and chuck it down the hill 😂

I bought the MagView specifically for using it on the BTX, as I haven’t really found a fast, easy solution for it.

It fits and works OK, but seems a little “touchier” than on a spotter, as it floats off the opposite eyepiece a little further.

I haven’t spent a ton of time with it yet, but so far my only complaint is the B1 adapter makes the eyepieces uneven, and the taller side makes contact with my eye socket. Pretty petty complaint, as it’s more annoying than anything else at first use.

I’m guessing after sitting behind the BTX for a couple hours I’ll either never think about it again, or it’ll drive me crazy and I’ll rip it off and chuck it down the hill 😂
Can’t you then just use the S1 on the BTX, or is the diameter incompatible?

And to make the eyepieces even, while not using the phone can’t you just adjust out the “naked” eyecup to match the length of the B1-ensconced eyecup? Perhaps you are already twisting them all of the way out so you have no way to even them?

hey, good to hear from you on this. Are you attaching the B1 to the left eyepiece or right?

Thanks for replying as I’ve just realised I need 10 posts to PM you. So this is another one.
Yeah we did and you were correct in that they’re only shipping within the US. Hoping you can help please?
OK, understood. Sorry brother, if they aren't shipping internationally, I won't be able to do anything. I will find out why and if that is changing. Seems strange they wouldn't want those sales.

Back